Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Payments - certificate expired message?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this problem comes from the server, browser, certificate or somewhere else.

What's pretty clear though is that it appears to happen for some people and not for others.

It seems to me that the only way it's going to get fixed is for actinic to re-create the problem and then see what fixes it.

Surely the first step is to try an identical setup in terms of PC, OS and browser to someone that can recreate the problem?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that Actinic always test both our core products and services like payments on a whole range of browsers.

This is a complex problem. Our initial investigation seemed to be that it was caused by a bug in Safari browsers. Now what's being reported on this thread appears to be broader than this. We are continuing invetsigations and will report our findings to date shortly.

Chris

Comment

We are onto our certificate suppliers to find out more. It appears this problem has arrisen a short time after the certs were renewed.

More as I get it.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Our certificate provider has carried out a test and have not found a problem. The screenshot is provided by them http://support.actinic.co.uk/~dlsupport/cert.png

It is still looking like a caching issue, investigations continue as to what we can do.

In the meantime, if we could collect as much info as possible on the environments experiencing the problem, e.g. OS version, Safari version, and a screengrab.
          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

After searching the net I'm of the opinion that Mike's post 23 above is important.

Comment

Could be something to do with the fact that it is an EVA SSL certificate.

Comment

Hello,

I'm a Mac user who was trying to buy some flowers and came across the error you're discussing.

I also happen to be a massive nerd having worked with web sites for 12 years and can absolutely assure you that the problem here is that the online.actinicpayments.com website does not have the correct SSLCertificateChainFile entry in the Apache configuration.

Even though I know this, I'm still not proceeding with the purchase, so Actinic's customers have good reason to be somewhat up in arms.

Comment

Unfortunately, that explanation isn't true. I wish it was as simple as that.

Please note the following:

- the installation has been checked by Creditcall, Actinic and Globalsign who issued the certificate. The installation of the certificate is all correct

- everything works fine using our (Actinic's) in house test Mac with Safari

- test the certificate for yourself using http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html with online.actinicpayments.com

One possible explanation is here at http://thedesignspace.net/MT2archives/000484.html however we are still investigating.

Originally posted by ceri View Post
                  I ... can absolutely assure you that the problem here is that the online.actinicpayments.com website does not have the correct SSLCertificateChainFile entry in the Apache configuration.
                  Do a bit more homework next time befiore you hand out assurances.

Chris

Comment

If a customer reports the problem, it might be worth asking them to check their computers date as it sounds as if incorrect dates are often a cause, although not necessarily in this case.

Related Link: http://www.askdavetaylor.com/invalid...rtificate.html
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse
                    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Yes, it would help us tremendously if we could have more details of the environment when the problem occurs, as per Darren's request above. We may then be able to either find a work-around or provide code that would display an explanatory message.

Chris

Comment

There are two actinic users in this thread (posts #2 and #26) who can reproduce this problem (on different environments). Has anyone contacted them to follow up and see what the problem is?

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike

yep, have mailed the posters of those threads. #26 is different at first glance, as it is not an expired message.
                          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Good.

Agreed, number 26 isn't about expired certificate but is related in terms of SSL certificate being rejected. In this case because of 'not supplying ownership information'. (IIRC).

Whether the two issues have a common cause (if any) or not is something I couldn't say.

Mike

Comment

Just to let you know we are continuing to investigate this issue.
                              Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                Just to let you know we are continuing to investigate this issue.
                                Could you take a few minutes out of the (understandable) fixation with V10 and resolve this now, as I had 4 calls this weekend alone about this issue, all Mac users, all failing on Actinic Payments, 1 used Paypal instead, and its those that dont bother calling that I am seriously concerned about. An Actinic product is losing us money, which we pay good money for, and it it is costing us time/resource in dealing with the sales we actually get the chance to rescue.

I originally raised this issue, its been going on for weeks. I know V10 is very exciting but being able to process payments for ALL our visitors is a fundemental requirement. Don't care who wants to blame what, just need it fixed!

Thanks

A frustrated ScottyDog
                                www.edgeandwax.co.uk
                                Edge & Wax
                                Ski & Snowboard Workshop

Comment

Working...
                                X