Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic Payments - certificate expired message?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the problem is no customer is going to bother reinstalling their browser or changing their security software.

IS there a way we can make actinic software to stop caching the certficate on load of the page.

Wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

We experienced the same thing yesterday - a customer called us up saying there was a certificate warning preventing them from processing payment. Not had much in the way of errors in this regard before now. I wonder if there an update could be causing these conflicts? I'll keep an eye out for it happening again...

Comment

Thanks Richard

We are still looking at this, I'll keep you updated.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

These intermittent errors are such a pig to trace at times. I've always wondered if it is worth offering a customer that is suffering it £100 so you can take a look and dial in and watch or at least grill them for info without feeling like a PITA. I think it would represent great value for both parties, not sure if practical though.

Comment

We have had this issue before and it was becuase the customers PC had the wrong date set (wrong year I think)

Simon

Comment

I too have had customers report this issue to me. Here is the exact message the customer copied and pasted (the customer was using Safari on an Apple Mac):

Safari cant verify the identity of the website 'online.actinicpayments.com'.

The certificate for this website is invalid. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be 'online.actinicpayments.com', which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to connect to the website anyway?

Show certificate Cancel Continue

Is there any news on this at all?
              Cheers
              Stuart

Comment

Is it perhaps this bug here that's causing the problem: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2747

This looks as if it might be realted too (but beyond my scope of knowledge): http://hellosystemadmin.com/blog/saf...f-the-website/

Comment

A google search seems to suggest there can be a number of reasons for this:

- Safari keeping the old certificate details, even when a new one is issued
                  - The mac firewall blocking access to the certificate veryfication domain.
                  - some apache configurations needing changing http://blog.boxedice.com/2009/05/11/...-on-macsafari/

I have to admit the last one sounds like the most likely problem. It appears to be a server configuration issue.

Mike

edit: As per Duncan's post. similar findings.
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Mike I think your post has hit the nail on the head in terms of where the problem is originating from. I have queried this with our server people and they have suggested that Actinic change the server configuration based upon those findings. It seems a fairly simply configuration change.

So, the question is, is this possible Actinic?
                    Cheers
                    Stuart

Comment

Hi,

I've had one customer yesterday and another today. Both with the same error 'certificate warning' from Browser.

Both were on Windows PC, one was using Google Chrome. Is this going to be an on going problem with Actinic Payment (doesn't look good!!).
                      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
                      Snuggle Feet
                      Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

I have also had a customer complaining about an unsecure payments page and also saying that Actinic support told him that the problem was my web site.

Actinic sack that person immediately, it's your error, I don't need your staff slagging off my site.

I placed an order from my PC and the payment page shows a padlock with the 'no entry' sign over it. The error relates to the web site not showing ownership information. I use Firefox on Windows 7.

Comment

I just did the same - but got a fully secure message. Maybe your cache is playing tricks, or it's one of the images which is missing an https. That's usually the problem.

Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

There is another related recent thread on the same subject here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46184, might be worth merging the two threads.
                            Darren Guppy
                            Golf Tee Warehouse
                            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

"or it's one of the images which is missing an https. That's usually the problem."..

Then it's an issue that Actinic need to address asap. As an earlier poster said, customers are not going to mess about emptying cache and deleting cookies, they'll head elsewhere. You can guarantee that for everyone who reports an error there are many who have just gone away. I've noticed an increase in 'Pending Payment Service Provider' failed sales over the last three days.

Comment

Could this all be related to Microsoft offering alternative browsers to IE users? Have Actinic fully tested the payments system on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X