• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook and Pinterest : Images not being fetched

I have the social media buttons on my products...for example;
    http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...X07.html#SID=3

However they dont work!

Images are not fetched to the facebook timeline, and pinterest fails with the message 'cannot fetch image'

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This had better not be another bug!
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Yes they are bugs. The Facebook bug is fixed in 14.0.2 - Bug reference SD-5217 but not in the release notes because SellerDeck Support said "The reason SD-5217 was not included in the release notes was because that bug was merged into SD-5008 "Local path used instead of acatalog path for section image filename"". The Pinterest bug SD-5406 is still in 14.0.2 because they forgot to update the two Pinterest layouts for fragments and products. You can manually fix them to 14.0.2 version:

1) Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Mega Tags > Standard Meta Tags > the open graph tags used by Facebook og:image:
    Change from <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" /> to <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />
    Change from <actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" /> to <actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileNameRaw" />

2) Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Social Media Buttons > Fragment Pin It Button Layout
    Change from <actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileName" /> to <actinic:variable name="FragmentImageFileNameRaw" />

3) Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Social Media Buttons > Product Pin It Button Layout
    Change from <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" /> to <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise... but I tried that and I must have done someting wrong as I have 580 coding errors!

Variable : SectionImageFileNameRaw is not defined

I changed lines 58 and 65 on the Standard Meta Tags layout.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I was told by SellerDeck support team you can put the raw variables into 14.0.1 but if they are not in 14.0.1 by default, that means you have to upgrade to 14.0.2 to get the new variables.
        Peblaco

Comment

aaaarrrrgggghhhh

so upgrade and inherit new bugs or stay put and have social media not working!

Sellerdeck made such a fuss about this new social media integration...

I changed SectionImageFileNameRaw back to SectionImageFileName and it uploaded wihtout errors.. so I would have thought that the ProductImageFileNameRaw should work...
          It looks ok in my Standard Meta Tags layout (see attached) but it still doesnt work.

I must admit to getting close to the end of my patience with all these bugs.
          Attached Files
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

If it exists but does not strip the image sub folders it could be that they have recoded something within the core of the software that processes the variables differently so it would require an upgrade for them to process correctly.
            Peblaco

Comment

I was advised by someone else on here to steer clear of 14.0.2 as it had problems not present in 14.0.1 !

bugs

issues
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Yes there are new bugs in 14.0.2. You would have to decide whether to upgrade to fix the variables for Facebook and Pinterest. For the two problems you linked to SellerDeck Support provided workarounds. Any criticism or complaints regarding bugs can be directed to SellerDeck software.
                Peblaco

Comment

and a massive help you are too Louise!
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Could I bodge it by putting a copy of all my product images in the site1 folder I wonder?

or would they not get uploaded because they arent referenced in Sellerdeck? I dunno... clutching at straws here. Working social media buttons were one of the things I was looking forward to.
                    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

In 14.0.1. you would have to change all products fields to look for images in the Site1 folder because it is putting in the content of the "product image" field where you have the sub folders which causes a broken link to the image. If the "product image" field only contained filename.jpg it would work because it would just add that directly after the catalogurl (store folder).
                      Peblaco

Comment

Variable ProductImageFileNameRaw is available in 14.0.1 so you can use it there.
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Feemish,

I got this working in 14.01.

As mentioned above I changed the file name to the Raw version, which didn't work as the url wasn't recording correctly.

From memory I removed the Catalogurl and just hard coded the link with the Raw file name which works perfectly.
                          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                          Zirconium Rings
                          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thanks for your interest everyone.

Still having trouble getting it working.

I've tried;

Code:
                            <meta property="og:image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />" />

and as Buzby suggested hardcoding the catalog url (but not sure if I got the code correct)
                            Code:
                            <meta property="og:image" content="<http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />" />
                            can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?
                            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

There shouldn't be < before http and > after acatalog/ however not tested to see if it works.
                              Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                              X