No announcement yet.

Facebook and Pinterest : Images not being fetched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To fix it you can open the Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Meta Tags > Standard meta tags > change the variables to the "raw" versions should fix it.
    Change ProductImageFilename to ProductImageFilenameRaw

line58 Standard meta tags

Code:
    <meta property="og:image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />" />

Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Social Media Buttons > Product Pin It Button Layout >

line8 Product Pin It Button Layout

again change the ProductImageFileName to ProductImageFileNameRaw

Set the Default Image, this is an image that will show if the product image is too small for facebook.(Make it your compnay Logo or generic product)

Settings > Site Options > Social Media tab > Facebook > Use Default Image > set the image there,

Facebook will only use images bigger than 200px x 200px (and sometimes not even them... seems that bigger is better for Facebook.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The fixes are listed on post 2. If you are in 14.0.1 not all the variables are available and are only in 14.0.2.
      Peblaco

Comment

I'm on 14.01 and the text is copied over to FB which is what I'm bothered about (I don't have Pin It)

But as Feemish said, my images are not copied over

I'll go through the last couple of posts mentioned but I can see me having bottle of headache pills to one side as well

Comment

Sometimes Facebook caches the link which you can try refreshing using their debug link and also SellerDeck sets minimum image sizes as mentioned previously.
          Peblaco

Comment

Understood Louise

I'm about to try and attempt number 1 as Feemish kindly posted for me (All of us actually)

I'll be back soon on this

Comment

and remember that in post 2 the SectionImageFileNameRaw doesnt work on 14.0.1 so skip that.

( I understand it does work on 14.0.2)
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                To fix it you can open the Design menu > Library > Layouts tab > Meta Tags > Standard meta tags > change the variables to the "raw" versions should fix it.
                Change ProductImageFilename to ProductImageFilenameRaw

line58 Standard meta tags

Code:
                <meta property="og:image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />" />
                Thank you Mark & Louise for taking the time for me

I've done ONLY the above so far for FB. Now it pulls up a seriously shite image which is a bit odd but for what it's worth, my test site is here for you to see doorentryonline.net , however, my site layout is different, so I'm a bit stuffed as to what I can now do to make the image better

Mine are 138, 300 and 600 - if that makes sense

Headache pills please

Comment

Some images at that size would be too small. The code for open graph tags also has SellerDeck blockifs with restrictions for page types and image sizes. Section and product page images are only shared if at least 200 x 200 pixels. If you are using a section as a product page it will use the section details not product details.
                  Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                  X