No announcement yet.

Facebook and Pinterest : Images not being fetched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks but no... still cant get it to work.

current code;

line 58 Standard Meta Tags between the BlockIfs

Code:
    <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/<actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />" />
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The source code of the link from your first post seems to show the correct og:image URL?. However the Pinterest code is wrong but they need a manual update see if the variables work from post 2.
      Peblaco

Comment

my first post?

Do you mean;
        Code:
        <meta property="og:image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileNameRaw" />" />

Buzby....
        Would you do me a favour and have a look at your code that works in 14.0.1?
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

On your first post you pasted a link to your website product page, when looking at the source code of that page the og:image is showing the correct URL for the image so it should be working with Facebook. However the Pinterest layouts need updating.
          Peblaco

Comment

ah ok... yes.. so it is!

But it isnt working with Facebook
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It looks like <meta property="og:image"> isnt present in some (lots of) product pages.

http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...T12.html#SID=4

http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...06.html#SID=30
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Further down the rabbit hole.

Even on a page with the correct <meta property="og:image"> like this one

http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...X07.html#SID=3

Facebook doesnt fetch the image to the persons timeline.
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I've checked hotlink protection and its disabled
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The image is only displayed if it meets size requirements. Section and product images have to be at least 200 x 200 pixels. If not it uses the default image from the Settings menu for Social Media.

If you have a correct image path specified and it is not sharing it could be cached, check by entering the URL in the Facebook Debug Tool to see if it updates the data.

By the way your 2nd link on post 21 the Add To Cart seems to be overlapping the "choose size" option so you may need to look at that problem.
                    Peblaco

Comment

Thank you so much again Louise for your top notch help.

After carefully following your advice, I have got it working.. at least partially.
                      Pinterest is fine, Facebook is oddly temperamental, sometimes working sometimes not.. but I think that is down to the images sizes.

Some useful links for anyone else tryingto get this working;

Facebook Graph Paramenters

Facebook content sharing best practices

I must say I usually get better, quicker advice from this forum than from the support I pay for!
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Now for the other issue!

>>>By the way your 2nd link on post 21 the Add To Cart seems to be overlapping the "choose size" option so you may need to look at that problem.<<<

Which browser were you looking on Louise, because it looks ok to me in Chrome and Firefox.
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It was a certain screen size so probably between media queries showing a float issue. If you resize down the browser from widescreen it overlaps then moves back again.
                          Peblaco

Comment

Feemish,

Sorry only just come on so didn't see your request earlier.

Let me know what templates you would like code from and I'll send it to you if you still need it.
                            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                            Zirconium Rings
                            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi Buzby,

Thanks but I think I'm up and running with it now.

Cheers.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Excellent thread this is, as I'm having the same grief as Feemish, so is it possible that someone would be kind enough to post the correct/modified code and where it is, so as I can use it please

Bugs, bugs and more bugs.....

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X