Someone Reliable Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malcom

Thanks for your assurances on Webfusion. I have used them before and found them solid. But haven't hosted an Actinic site with them...

I'd be curious as to what problems Mark (tiggyPig) had with them?

Russell
    Russell King
    ---------------------
    Canvas Etc...Stylish Modern <A HREF="www.canvasetc.com">Canvas Art</A>

Comment

I don’t understand all the concern that you have to go with an ‘Actinic Ready’ host. I can’t see anything special that Actinic requires – mainly the ability to run Perl scripts (which doesn’t come automatically with many hosts). I chose www.kcchosting.com because they are very cheap. I asked them about Actinic hosting and they had never heard of it. However I have had no problems getting up-and-running.

Alan Compton
      www.greenknightgames.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne
        Hi, sorry to say but i am in the same situ.
        Have moved from clara net after henious service to 4sure which is now down again and no info as to whats going on.
        I live in Bristol and note that one of there address's is a bristol address. I feel like going down there to see what s going on.

I am trying out another host compnay called pipeten.com
        On this i am running OSCommerace Unix based, not had any problems yet fingers crossed.

Wesley
        I have used http://www.artinet.co.uk/ they are Actinic Developers and offer a very friendly service. Because they develop Actinic sites they are able to trouble shoot easily and any issues we have had have been minor and quickly resolved. They are also Actini partners and listed on the Actnic site.
        http://www.healingbreeze.net

Comment

www.titanhosts.net come highly recommended from me.

100% uptime and a reply in less than 20 minutes to any query you've got. That's even at 11pm on a Saturday night

they also dont bother if you're over your bandwidth usage....I am on a 1GB a month and average at 12GB. I have been on their "talk to" list for a year now :-)

Comment

i use interhost for my sites they are really good a bit pricey but good. they also do VPS
            Log Cabins and Garden Sheds
            Decking, Fencing, Gates and Spiral Stairs

Comment

Recommended Host Company / Service Provider

Originally posted by TiggyPig
              SOMEONE RELIABLE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone out there who you can even vaguely rely on?
              I have found lunarpages to be absolutely EXCELLENT ! No downtime and the best customer service both by phone (UK or US FREEPHONE) and ticket/email.

And they're cheap, fast, courteous and efficient and offer a huge range of inexpensive options.

I moved to them after using one or two others and could not recommend them more heartily !!
              Richard
              www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Just for the record, as some are misreading the posts, but the issue that we did have was over a year ago, for which this thread keeps pulling up the details and some have believed this to be current now.

Happy Easter to all!

Comment

I totally agree.

4sure had some problems, but they addressed them and acted very professionally.

I have found 4sure to be nothing more than professional, courteous and helpful and that is why I have been using them now for a number of years without changing.

In fact, I have moved all my web design client accounts accross to 4sure, something I would not hve done if I didn't have 100% faith in their ability to supply a service I and my customers so vitally need.

The original post was posted whilst 4sure were being targetted by a DOS attack, something I know that some others on here have been a vitim of.

What company doesnt have problems from time to time? It's just that we had problems right in the middle of our busy period, though no fault of 4sure.

They could have folded, they could have bull****** us, but they didnt, they stood fast, they faced up to their responsibilities and they sorted the problem out at considerable expense to themselves.

We did move once, to another host an within 3 days they had problems with no backups and hardly any support, we moved right back to 4sure.

To this end I have absolutely no problem in recommending this professional and excellent company to anyone who wishes to find a hosting company.

We will remain, and an see no reason to change from being a satisfactory customer of 4sure.

Comment

My site is hosted with Hazelnet www.hazelnet.co.uk. I got them from the Actinic website so must be partners. Never had any problems with them or the running of my site. Can't say what their support is like as never had to call them aside from when I first set up. Really good stats as well and not too pricey.

www.oliveorganic.com

Comment

I read this post when I was looking for a host last year and after much deliberation, decided to go with 4surehosting albeit with a bit of trepadation. Certainly one of the best moves I've made. Their uptime is excellent and support has always been great. I've had to phone up a couple of times when configuring things at the start and they had an excellent working knowledge of actinic and resolved any problems I was having ASAP.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                      X