No announcement yet.

DDOS Attack affecting Pinbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally understand that all hands to the pumps when something like this happens. No spare bodies to field the phone calls.

All I ask is that we could get some feedback as to what it was and how it can be best dealt with in the future without compromising any security measures you have in place.

Perhaps an early warning system that can be activated with one click that emails all pinbrook users alerting us to the problem.

TIA Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Perhaps an early warning system that can be activated with one click that emails all pinbrook users alerting us to the problem.
      We already have this in place...

go to the support desk, click the "News" option. there are 2 choices of immediate notification

1 RSS feed
      2 Subscribe the the News Desk, and choose the option to receive an Email everytime we add a News Article.

We have notified people of these features for gettings news from us. We tend not to blanket email as we have found that the majority of our clients do not read the majority of our emails - Sad, but it is a fact.

We use the News desk for "Network Status"

We will provide feedback on the DDOS attack next week, right now we all need some rest and sleep.

Comment

I have raised three tickets today and left three phone messages. They can't email me anyway as the email is down
        We ask all clients to provide us with a 3rd party email address, when we can not contact you through your domain we use the email supplied to us during sign up ( we ask for 3rd party email during sign up)

Additionally the support desk can be used as an online tool, if you create yourself an acct you can then login and remain in contact. All you need under these circumstances is a browser and internet connection.

Comment

Working...
        X