No announcement yet.

Why will google not index this page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks OK to me and the 404 page now sends the correct response.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working for me now. Ive sent you some info on the page.

Comment

Its been unavailable all day for me also.

Comment

If google is seeing this then it will assume that the site is not longer live and remove the pages from the index - another possible reason?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
            Its been unavailable all day for me also.
            Well i am at a loss to explain this - I have been seeing the site all day and I have had orders regularly throughout the day,

Did have about 30 mins this afternoon when i messed up the htaccess file so it returned a server error - but that was quickly spotted and corrected.

what is occuring - any one else not seeing my site?

Malcolm

Thanks for the info - alot for me to digest and get my teeth into.

Great stuff.
            Ian
            Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Ive followed this thread today and tried it at least 30 times and it has not worked on any of my attempts.

Comment

tried it at least 30 times and it has not worked on any of my attempts
                If this is typical of your site then your google commings and goings are most likely linked to the availability of your site.

I would get some server monitoring software installed and track the performance of your server.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  Ive followed this thread today and tried it at least 30 times and it has not worked on any of my attempts.
                  Hi Lee

What is it you are seeing, and do you see the same thing when you look at site via the the link in my signature as well as the page at the beginning of this thread.

thanks for looking

Cheers
                  Ian

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                    I would get some server monitoring software installed and track the performance of your server.
                    Any recomendations for this type of software?

Cheers
                    Ian

Comment

Yes Ian, the link in your siggy or the other one do not work at all.

Page not available is all i see and usual blurb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	541750

Comment

I am really perplexed with this, seems that some people can see my site and others cannot - I have tried my site every 5 minutes for the past hour and it has been available every time.

I have had a healthy amount of orders this afternoon so customers are seeing my site - I have a couple of friends who are checking for me and they also report the site is available every time they check.

If some people cannot see the site but others can is this a server problem or something else?
                        Ian

Comment

That's a cannot find server response which usually due to a dns problem at the users ISP.

It's usually a temporary error as the DNS servers are typically updated at least every day, but it can take longer if someone's been playing with their dns settings.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

out of the frying pan....

OK

So i fixed the 404 problem and suddenly google popped another 300 pages into the supplemental index and then three days later it dropped all but seven pages from the normal index (that means it has actually de indexed about 73 pages this week.

One of the pages was http://www.legends-online.com/ebay-A...ticiation.html and it is pretty unique -got lots of content and links directly from the home page. Up to fixing the 404 problem it was indexed and ranked really well - now it has been de indexed. Several other unique pages have also gone.

Can't be a unique/duplicate problem here, there is nothing else like this on the site - must be some kind of penalty - but what - any ideas?

Also, checked with my server and it is not showing any downtime over the last two weeks so availability of the site is not an issue either.

Cheers
                            Ian

Comment

I too have been monitoring your server and I can see a slow connection.

Connect Time 0.52 0.37

Yours is .52 against the average of .37 for this period.

It may be that google is not seeing your site and moving pages to the supplimental.

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Been toying with the idea of going to a dedicated server - do you think that will improve things?

Certainly I think my new site is slower on the current server as it is quite graphic (but i do sell pictures so it need to be).

As the site is always available but slow - i never considered this would "upset" the SE's but also I notice that Yahoo has only about 7 pages indexed now where as MSN has 459 new pages indexed.

Strange things are a foot - i think a call to jo at pinbrook is in order.

Thanks for your feedback on this - its good to get a professional view.

Cheers
                                Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X