Why will google not index this page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been toying with the idea of going to a dedicated server
    It may be worth a try - you can get one on 30 days approval, which may be enough to see an improvement if it is server related.

Comment

Well - suprise suprise

Lots of pages back in the index after about 2 weeks of going awol.

Could be a google thing I suppose but I really would like to know what is happening.

Cheers for your help.
      Ian
      Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

This could just be a Google thing. I wouldn't be surprised if new pages to the index appear straight away, then disappear while Google does it's 'clean the index' bit and then reappear once the pages have a proper calculated index position. Hopefull this should only happen once.

There's also a chance of google swapping/rotating the indexes around and that could also cause this kind of behaviour.

One thing I would talk to your hosts about is why your dns records have a cname record rather than an A record. Normally the A record gives the IP address for your domain and that's the end of DNS. This is the fastest and cleanest way to do it. In your case the cname record points to a 4sure hosting subdomain and then another dns call has to be made to find out the IP address. This is slower and more prone to errors and normally not the best way to do it.

I doubt if this alone would cause any google problems but it's another thing I would fix to get my site running as cleanly and as smoothly as possible.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X