Some advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donna Kempster
    I tried that after you suggested trying to find them but nominet says not possible to find out as not a true domain name. Do you know how to report it to Google?
    You didn't search on the domain name correctly, domain name is the bit before the .co.uk or the .com etc. I found it straight away and its a company in London. They have an owning company and also one based in America, that this company sits underneath.

Comment

I had a similar problem and posted about it some time ago. Google wouldn't remove the cloned / stolen site unless I faxed them with details, wrote them a letter with proof and hired a solicitor and gave Google his details (hopeless). In other words I felt fobbed off.

Nominet and everybody else wouldn't take any action as they do not get involved unless any actual fraud committed or illegal adult content is being spewed out.

After many emails and telephone calls I had to give up.

I wonder if there is any way to stop your site being cloned/copied?

Comment

this is actinic webspace used for tests etc, notice barlc does barlingchris mean anything?

did you send actinic a snapshot for any reason?
        was the support person dhivya?

email actinic and ask them to clear their test space.

if actinic support read this maybe you could add a robot.txt to this webspace to stop it being indexed as i've also had a client test snapshot indexed much to the confusion of the client as the barlc space was taking orders!

I wonder if there is any way to stop your site being cloned/copied?
        see a thread from a while ago started by Budgetbumps for more on this

Comment

Hi,

This is our testing space and I've asked Dhivya to remove the site from her space which was uploaded a while ago for a support issue. I'm sorry for the confusion and I'll see about getting a robots.txt file uploaded to that server so that this doesn't happen again.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Good one Jo, well done, Our own new Mrs Marples
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Jo, we were getting really worried - amazing what things you can conjure up with very little knowledge and lots of imagination!

Donna
              Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

amazing what things you can conjure up with very little knowledge and lots of imagination!
                yes i did think your imagination was over active

Comment

Working...
                X