Favourite Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Toys

Playing with Jonty Junior this evening with his Play Station could not help tease him with the "All I had was a stick to play with at your age" ... please... no "you were lucky to have a stick" routines ....

Anyways... got me to thinking (something has to) .. what was your favourite toy as a kid and what is your favourite big kid toy now?

** sorry about that Tracey **

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

don't apologise to me...lol..I'd have answered it anywhere

My favourite "toy", as a youngster (jees...way to go makin' me feel old!) was a battered old box of lego.
    I used to spend hours making "stuff" with it...nice,quiet solitary stuff (not like my kids enjoy LOL)

Nowadays, I can barely build a house with lego...and I don' even go near the technical lego/k'nex/meccano etc....I'm "artistically challenged" in that area!

Now, my favourite toy is my electronic keyboard which lovingly replaced my piano I had to part with. Not much of a "toy", I suppose.
    It's the closest I get..when I can prise it away from my 7yo!

I spend my evenings, however, "watching" my H shooting Germans on Call of Duty 2 on Xbox live (playing online)...I'm thinking he has way more fun than me!!
    I'm working...he's playing!

Maybe I should learn to play...
    Tracey

Comment

as a kid, it was my bike

now its my ipod

Comment

I go back a shade further, I can remember playing with "betabuilder" - may not be spelt like that but sure do remember that one as a favourite.

it was the fore-runner to lego and had REAL roof tiles in green that snapped together and allowed you to create ridges and valleys in your roof design.

I seem to remember something before that that was rubber bricks (red ones and smelt of something but can't remember what)

now the "modern toy" is actually my old car - just love playing with that.

Comment

Then: Original Meccano - the red and green stuff with the square nuts.

Now: My AHD Free Diamond 65 windsurfer and my suite of Neil Pryde sails. I must have sailed about 6,000 miles on it by now!
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Then : my 2nd hand Tracker ... a fake Chopper ... big handle bars, large back wheel, small front when and gear shift on the cross bar. For 2 summers in the 1970's I was one of the Red Hand Gang and forever getting my flares (shut up) caught in the crank.

Now : Nikon D200

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              For 2 summers in the 1970's I was one of the Red Hand Gang and forever getting my flares (shut up) caught in the crank.
              got any pics to back that up?
              Tracey

Comment

My favourite toy as a kid (apart from my bike) was a programmable little car. I forget the name of it - you cut a card with notches etc that was placed into the car and was used to control the direction etc - wish I still had it, it was great fun!

Nowadays I guess it's my GPSs. I have three - a satnav for the car, an outside unit for geocaching (see geocaching.com) and a small bluetooth one that works with my mobile phone. I#m quite a gadget freak and have many other 'goodies'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity
                  ...Then : Original Meccano - over 50years ago!...
                  I still have both my and my Father's meccano sets. My Father's shows pictures of war time vehicles, cranes and ships etc. in the manuals. I remember spending many hours of enjoyment with meccano (and frustration trying to get those corner pieces in!).

Remember wipping tops and marbles (and ball bearings, 'guns' I think they were nicknamed). Oh, those were the days...

Comment

as a kid: little professor calculator and super mario handheld game

now: my kids are my biggest toy soppy i know but i get more enjoyment outta them than all my gadgets put together
                    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
                    Current project:
                    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
                    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

AHD & Starboard boards & North sails - not enough time, not enough wind!
                      Hehe. I'm based in Bitez, Turkey for the summer. About 30 seconds from the waters edge where by kit is rigged and waiting. My post frequency has dropped dramatically due to the wind being up a lot.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Mine is a Ben Hogan Persimmon driver purchased nearly 30 years ago and I still hit it now and then today - Sounds better than any of the other metal drivers I own and you can shape the shots better.

Shame they don't make this stuff anymore...

But they do - and its an Actinic site... Got a bit sentimental and thought someone must still sell these..

http://www.persimmongolf.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html
                        Thanks

JoBananas Body Jewellery - Body piercing jewellery, belly bars and ear stretching plugs

Comment

Well, I used to have a 'Big Yellow Teapot' that i was fond of, when i was an egg.

But now I have a house full of gadgets.

I guess my favourite would have to by my xbox. Modded, with an upgraded hard drive. I'v spent a lot of time making it jump through hoops, and now its the best home media center i'v ever had.

Comment

I used to love my "spud gun" the single shot one were you push the end into the potato and it automatically cocked the gun as well - class!

Now its got to be my ipod - tunes whenever, wherever and whatever - great stuff! Also have a tendancy for tins of fosters but they don't count as toys do they?

The combination of both is great!

Cheers
                            Ian
                            Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                              I used to have a 'Big Yellow Teapot'
                              That explains a lot

Bikster

Comment

Working...