Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOH we've got a new look and everything

Nice One CD!
    Change the colours slightly, so all visitors eyes readjust and see the new areas. Like the header - good idea!

Is this what Jonty calls web 2.0?

The idea, was just to make a graphical knowledge base link, but then I decided to have a pop at the vista style gradients - which kinda works.

It's only the head bit that's changed - nothing else has. I didn't understand what you meant by tweaking the colours though.
    Is this what Jonty calls web 2.0?
    If 'Web 2.0' means 'faffing about with gradients in Photoshop' then yes

Comment

I did a double-take a few minutes ago. I like it!
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        It's only the head bit that's changed - nothing else has. I didn't understand what you meant by tweaking the colours though.If 'Web 2.0' means 'faffing about with gradients in Photoshop' then yes
        The actual forum colours (the blues etc.) if you change these just fractionally, you will catch everyones eyes and kind of force their brains to reprogram on what they are seeing.

If i painted your front door (a slightly different colour) for when you get home tonight, you would look at it and notice things you hadn't for sometime - it's a reprogramming of the brain after having seen the same thing day in day out.

Me and Norm noticing your logo change being prime example, we both saw the KB link pretty instantly - that is what i mean in a nutshell.

Comment

Very pretty logo. Well faffed Chris

Can I ask a question about Actinic corporate colours? Thanks On another thread Bruce T is at pains to get the "Actinic Pink" correct on the main actinic.co.uk site yet this does not appear on the forum. Or the Actinic logo! Corporate branding and all that......

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yeah - good point Jont - I guess it's that we don't want this to be an 'Actinic Support HQ' - we want this to be something a bit separate from corporate Actinic.

Comment

I hate the pink.... I'll leave if the community goes corporate pink

Comment

Don't knock pink .. half of my client base has pink sites

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Is there any other corporate site in the world that uses pink?

Comment

I'm a pink-lover, I have to admit but even I wouldn't use it on a website.
                    That said, 'Actinic' pink is fairly inoffensive as long as it isn't overused

As for putting it in the forum?... as a logo maybe...but please not as forum colours! LOL
                    Tracey

Comment

I would guess that less than 30% if users would notice that there is a phone number along the top of a website they've just purchased from, unless of course they were looking for it. Same goes for the knowledge base link imho, so it needs a little `help` (behave Tracey) to be noticed imho.
                      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
                        (behave Tracey)
                        what!!?
                        *sigh*

you mention my name in a post one more time, Mackie, and there'll be trouble
                        Tracey

Comment

so it needs a little `help` to be noticed imho
                          must admit i didn't notice it i had to read this thread to be told it was there

Comment

how about a scrolling marquee style effect?
                            LOL

*hopes to goodness that everyone sees the sarcasm in that*
                            Tracey

Comment

I quite like pink as well - having two girls I have no choice but to like pink these days, in fact I'm responible for some of the pinky colour schemes in Actinic (Joy for example ... named after my baby).

Regards,
                              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                              Multichannel order processing
                              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                              X