Thread Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread Ratings

Can I encourage everyone to use the thread rating system from now on?

Rate a thread as 'Excellent' if it contains a good solution, and could do with going in teh knowledge base, and rate a thread as 'terrible' if it doesn't contain a solution. All I'm thinking is that if we set up the search to sort by rating, we can return much better results for new customers.

What do you think?

Good idea.. will help finding things quicker if you can search on the 5 star items first.

I would show reservations about poorly rating a thread as sometimes although a specific issue has not been resolved there is often other information that could be of value to someone else in a different set of circumstances. All knowledge is valuable.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

True - it is subjective. Let's run it for a bit and see how it pans out.

Comment

No doubt all mine will have a default setting of one, or less.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

10 single stars in a row and you get banned George

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            10 single stars in a row and you get banned George
            That a dare fella?

Any less than a four for you and you don't get cakes for a week.
            Football Heaven

Comment

oi you two!
              just coz it's an AOB thread..doesn't mean you can have some macho "my star's bigger than yours" fight
              Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                oi you two!
                just coz it's an AOB thread..doesn't mean you can have some macho "my star's bigger than yours" fight
                My money is on that all Traceys threads titles include the word variables, duplicates or stock, so maybe she should get a wee bump rating thingy instead of stars.

PS I never got stars on my page at school.
                Football Heaven

Comment

Chris, it'd maybe be handy if the regular site search results can show the starry ratings. That way on a few pages of results you can click on the Rating text and the five starry ones appear at the top of the list. (Although, the way the search is configured (by default), the search words are often pulled from the body of a thread so not always relevant to the search requirement). Best if the page titles were fully relevant, and therefore a search on titles alone would give the best answers.
                  Football Heaven

Comment

Thanks George. I'll add that to my (ever-growing) list.

Comment

Originally posted by george
                      Best if the page titles were fully relevant, and therefore a search on titles alone would give the best answers.
                      I agree G, just threads like "Help........" would not really work, mind you perhaps these threads ahould be deleted anyway

Comment

I've been doing some research and it turns out thread ratings are not shown on the vbulletin search results by default. But there is a PHP hack to do it, which I need to talk our system admins into doing. It'll happen at some point.

Comment

Working...
                        X