No announcement yet.

[Announcement] It's Arrived! Edit Actinic from your browser, via plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just looking at the Actinet site to see if there have been any updates when I was wondering can you actually process orders using the system, i.e. on on eof the satelite machines, and or down load orders/update.

Cheers

Comment

you can download orders, and upload your content, but processing is out of the game at the moment.

perhaps later on down the line.

i must say however, jans order processing mole, on automatic is your software of choice then as well. keeping your orders processed and updated.

Comment

Printing data entry reports would be a good idea, well thats a personal preference though. But the ability for others to look up the orders is my biggest saving grace, drives me up the wall the phone calls i keep getting from HO.

D

Comment

How's it going? and Launch date yet?

Comment

Well, i can enable Paypal right this second if you'd like

I'm simply waiting for our dizzy bank to stop spinning. It's giving me a great 'Making sure that the documentation is right' time.

Those that want to jump the queue, and dont mind going through PayPal, please PM me now. I'll set you up, with what documentation I have, and also give you help setting up your Actinet, with parts of the documentation that i've not completed yet, via email, or support tickets.

When the documents are complete, then i'll mail them on over to you, if you've purchased, or you can use your support key, to download them, in PDF format.

In your PM, please give the Full site url you are installing Actinet on.

Thanks.

Comment

just afew questions

Hi Gabe

Plug-in looks great, just afew questions before I go ahead with anything.

You can access orders but can you edit the products people have ordered and then ship them and print invoices etc?

We get alot of offline orders and at the moment you plug-in doesnt allow offline orders, (correct me if im wrong!) will it do in the future? If so will I have to pay extra for future releases with extra features?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by zucciltd
                Hi Gabe

Plug-in looks great, just afew questions before I go ahead with anything.

You can access orders but can you edit the products people have ordered and then ship them and print invoices etc?

We get alot of offline orders and at the moment you plug-in doesnt allow offline orders, (correct me if im wrong!) will it do in the future? If so will I have to pay extra for future releases with extra features?

Thanks in advance
                Not in this version, but these features will be added, and thats a promise.

The cost for the extra plugins will be very low. less than 50 quid. that is, if the added features are part of a maintenance release, or part of a completely different plug in. It sounds like a lot of these features are related to the orders plugin, but it all depends on the complexity of the additions.

We're trying to separete the features for those people that arent likely to use them, so that they dont have to pay as much, allowing those power users that want all the bells and whistles for their company, to plug in the.. er, plugins to power up their Actinic shop. We stipped out a lot of features, and dropped our release price for the core appropriately.

Offline ordering for as many users as you can cram onto your network, is a priority feature.

Comment

Hi,
                  With Actinet, what happens if someone is doing an upload to the live site with regards to entering data, i.e. if I do an upload does it lock other people who might be entering product information out of the system?

Cheers

Comment

Open for business.

After popular demand, we have opened early, using PayPal to take payments, while our bank sorts itself out.

So, all those people who want to get their Actinic on the road, get yourself on over to:
                    http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/aca...multiuser.html

Comment

Mr Pink, good luck with it all fella. *thumbs up*
                      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

This day sir, has beem the most hectic day ever. But we did it.

Thanks for the thumbs up Mr. George.

Comment

*Places a wee bet on which thread post will have the `does it allow Google Checkout` Golden Question*
                          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

great plugin idea! thanks george!

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                              Hi,
                              With Actinet, what happens if someone is doing an upload to the live site with regards to entering data, i.e. if I do an upload does it lock other people who might be entering product information out of the system?

Cheers
                              This is a problem that we've thought about, but a bug in actinic saved us from any solutions.

Data in actinic is cached, and only changes when you either load actnic, or edit an item in actinic. In order to make any changes in Actinet stick, you need to close, and open your catalog, then upload. This is discussed, in the admin documentation.

An awkward solution for some people, i know, but its the only way any of the plugins for actinic can make changes to the product data. This cache does not respect any external influence.

So, in brief, if someone is editing the product in Actinic and at the same time, someone is also editing it in Actinet, then Actinic wins.

Comment

Hi Gab,
                                How's the Actinet project going?

Comment

Working...
                                X