Actinic sites - Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic sites - Christmas

The original thread seems to have been deleted by the originator.

If anyone wants to post a discount code for other actinic users to use in the run up to christmas then this is the place to do it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Strange - wondered where the tread had gone!

actinicxmas will get you 10% off at www.puddlepetcare.co.uk (pets love christmas too ) and also at our new store www.naturallytoyou.co.uk (just waiting for Protx to go live on this one - should be in next couple of days - in mean time can use paypal or call if you want something urgently!!)

Both offers apply from today till 20th December.

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Comment

Ah - ok - maybe that's the reason. Not running any affiliate programs so not issue for me - so do people think we should leave the thread or delete again?

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

I've been thinking, we really could do with a forum that Google won't index.

Sometimes posts need censoring (I don't mean crude stuff, btw!) to avoid being indexed and traced back here and it would be nice to have somewhere to post where we don't have to worry about mentioning competitors and suchlike and leading them here!

Is it feasible to have a forum that couldn't be indexed by google where we could post without the "big G" looking on?
        Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
          Is it feasible to have a forum that couldn't be indexed by google where we could post without the "big G" looking on?
          Very much so bumpsy, thats exactly what the developer forum does. Maybe that could be extended to the AOB forum.

Comment

Think that would be a great idea - as Miss B says often be nice to mention things on here that you wouldn't want the rest of the world outside Actinic to know about.

Kathy
            Kathy Newman

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              Very much so bumpsy, thats exactly what the developer forum does.
              I thought that was so you could all talk about us?

Tracey

Comment

I think it would be a good idea on the AOB forum too, in fact maybe it should be wished for in the wishlist, so they can schedule the management and subsequent board meeting to discuss the possibility.

Comment

LOL no not at all, its like a ghost town in there. Besides you could never do that as you have no idea who can see it and who can't for starters. If someone is a @##@ i'd rather tell em straight than hide it in a forum anyway. Although when i do so, i do tend to get asked to be direct which confuses me somewhat...whooosh for me i guess...no offence of course Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    If someone is a @##@ i'd rather tell em straight than hide it in a forum anyway.
                    haha...ya don't say?
                    I'd noticed

IKWYM though...it's just frustrating to load up the "New Posts" and click on a thread only to realise it was in the developer forum!
                    I'm too nosey for such covert operations!
                    Tracey

Comment

i use it so i can post urls of sites under dev without the ROW looking in

Comment

Presumably it was deleted after I mentioned that last time we did this it was listed in Google under discounts and affiliates picked up on it and used it on coupon/discount sites, be careful if you are running an affiliate scheme as you will end up paying commission and an 'Actinic' discount.
                        Not quite. Malcolm got upset that you posted something that didn't fit what he wanted, "I didn't ask for a debate" was part of his reply. I then posted that this was the thing with with forums. Different people have different thoughts, agendas and ideas, and that the forum is there for the community, not just one person. As we've seen in the past when he doesn't like things, his attitude appears to be "Sod them then, I'll delete the thread".

Mike

Comment

is this the thread you were looking for
                          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24690

and as for all the other stuff, LOL - i just knew it was friday by the content

Comment

Hi Darren,

There was a new thread started for this year with a few posts and offers on it. It didn't last long though.

Mike

Comment

Hey we do talk about you, but we would never tell you that

actually i cant remember the last time i visited it, then again, developer by desciption not by knowledge

D

Comment

Working...
                              X