Content Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fergusw
    I seem to recall a fantastic post where someone had their images hotlinked by an eBay user. Their solution was to allow the hot linking to continue but to change the image to something stating "Buy one get one free" or something of that ilk! Inspired
    Mod rewrites to stop hotlinking is, as said already, the best approach.
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/hotlinking/
    Guilty as charged....worked a treat too, they were even talking about it in the feebay forums

If they are hotlinking, give em a leg up and add the above, once they get the message add the js code to prevent it.

If they are grabbing from google embed a watermark via PS or similar.
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

In my case it is not hot linking but just copy and past. I have got to put a ghost image over all of our image.

Comment

Watermarks everytime, learn how to run a batch process and it ends up a very quick process.

Comment

Digimark offer a good plug in for PS (I think the company is called that??)

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
            Digimark offer a good plug in for PS (I think the company is called that??)
            Spent a bit of time on there web site buy very very confused ?? and also looks like they dont put a water mark over the image just put some code in to see where it it is being used.

The way i see it i need to add a water mark to all of my images with the copyright PJ Motorcycle Engineers LTD 2007, but then in 2008 i need to update them all and so on for 2009 how can i do this ?

Comment

learn how to run a batch process and it ends up a very quick process
              Lee gave the answer

Comment

Try Faststone Photoresizer, you can add text watermarks or even image watermarks and then batch resize, alter, rotate, it's a fantastic bit of kit, they also have loads of other programs available

Hope this helps
                www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Originally posted by PJ ENG
                  Spent a bit of time on there web site buy very very confused ?? and also looks like they dont put a water mark over the image just put some code in to see where it it is being used.

The way i see it i need to add a water mark to all of my images with the copyright PJ Motorcycle Engineers LTD 2007, but then in 2008 i need to update them all and so on for 2009 how can i do this ?
                  Don't put the date on, what does it achieve having it on there?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    Don't put the date on, what does it achieve having it on there?
                    I thought it had to have the date on it to make it 100% copyright ? that is why i said that.

Comment

learn how to run a batch process and it ends up a very quick process
                      can some one walk me though this ? as i have no idea where to start or even what software to use

Comment

If your picture is watermarked correctly it is almost impossible for anyone to use it, so why put on a date or even a copyright, company name is fine. If my images have my company name and someone wants to use them, then i will welcome that advertising. A copyright could in fact limit that situation.

What would you do legally if you found someone using it anyway, noone ever does anything, at best you send a polite warning asking they desist. You would never use the copyright legally so why introduce an admin nightmare of changing the date each year?

As for batch processing, i use Photoshop, but its quite expensive to buy. In short you create a series of actions (things you want to do to an image) and then you add these actions into a batch process which defines which original images to use, what to do to them (the actions), how to name them and then where to put the new files. It takes some getting used to at the start, but boy is it a dream once you know what you are doing.

An idiot's guide or a photoshop for dummies guide would teach you how, that's how i learnt.

Comment

As said before you need faststone photo resizer this program is the dogs and will do exactly what you want in one click.

An image converter / resizer intended to enable users to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermark to images in a quick and easy BATCH mode

Go to faststone dot org to download it - its free!!

case closed

Cheers
                          Ian
                          Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                            Lee gave the answer
                            As long as he owns PS or similar.

If not, then a 3rd party solution would be needed.

Comment

you need to be careful if you use supplier/manufacturers images as you shouldn't copyright these, just a simple website name is probably all you can do in these circumstances

If not, then a 3rd party solution would be needed.
                              which is what Legend has just provided

Most big image manipulation software PS, fireworks and PSP have batch commands to automate the process (Not just PS which Lee mentions)

[EDIT] I just downloaded and tested faststone, its much much easier to use that setting up commands/batches in FF/PS

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                                Most big image manipulation software PS, fireworks and PSP have batch commands to automate the process (Not just PS which Lee mentions)
                                Gotta be honest, I prefer the batch command within FW.

But then again I am a founder member of the Macromedia Fan Club in Leicester and despite their workflow improvements, I am damned if everything is going through PS

Comment

Working...
                                X