No announcement yet.

Content Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which site is it? Digital promo or bigpockets? They are the two that's coming up 1st and 2nd. I can't see duplicate content on there?

Comment

It's digital promo on the datawrite lightscribe product page. If you look at our page for that product (under Blank DVD - DVD+R Printable) you'll see it's almost identical, I think they have now removed some sentences but what they have left is duplicated.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

OK, they have not responded. I know they are aware of the situation through a common supplier. I do not want them to think they can nick my hard work for every new product that comes out. Where do I go from here as I need to make a stand.
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Steve

if you have a lawyer for your business talk to them.

otherwise if you are a member for FSB (or whatever they are called) give them a call

Comment

I had a very similar thing happen to me a while ago on one of my client sites. I spoke to the FSB lawyer, and he basically said: "don't mess about sending them 24 hours to do this and that letters - send them one letter (not email), stating you are suing them for breach of copyright" - they stopped straight away of course and grovelled with an appology of sorts.

Basically, the lawyer was saying that as long as you can prove it was your own work then go straight for the short and curlies. It will probably never get to the point of suing them as they will back down asap.

As mentioned though, if in the FSB give their legal chaps a call - well worth it in my opinion.

Kevin
            KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

We're not in the FSB but I'm thinking we should be.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Searching for some of your text today did indeed return the DP site but the page now displays 'Product Not Found!'

Looks like you succeeded..
                www.papermilldirect.com
                For Inkjet Photo Paper and Fine Art Inkjet Papers direct from the papermill

Comment

Latest hotlinking.

This site had hotlinked 3 small images side by side.

I have made a little advert to replace the images.

http://www.identityonline.biz/cat/17...ms_-_NEW!.html
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Classic, love it - Beats google image ads LOL

Wonder how long it takes them to notice
                    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Looking at the source code it appears they hot link from many different sites.

Personally I'd have been more blatant and said something like:
                      For Better Service, Better Quality, Better Prices go to.....

Comment

Just to recap, you can do all manner of things to sites that perpetrate hot linking:
                        http://www.alistapart.com/articles/hotlinking/

Also a site that can be worth bookmarking is:
                        http://www.copyscape.com/
                        Which easily allows you to check if anyone else is ripping off your unique website content. Just pop in the page you want to check and off it goes.
                        Also a handy tool if you are trying to track how far an article you have written gets proliferated across the web.
                        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                        X