Pondering the consequence of meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
    communicate with another, each adding to the intelligence of the swarm, eventually, they would consume and digest the entire earth, together with everything on it, living and dead.
    With this combined intelligence, surely the little blighters would understand the consequences of their actions? It's all very well them consuming everything in the path, but once the universe stops expanding (Drawing on the knowledge of the Doppler Red Shift theory buried deep in his GCSE Science portion of the brain), surely they'll eventually run out of things to consume and have to turn on each other.

Perhaps, this has already occurred and there is a massive battle taking place between waring swarms that we are obliviuos to:

The world we live in could merely be the daydreams of an incredibly lonely and tired nano-bot-cloud, containing the information that was once stored in our universe.
    I quite like the idea of living in the Matrix. I might change my Forum name to Neo and go and jump off the roof to test Gabe's theory...

BIAB

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

OS of the universe.

Originally posted by FergusW
      are you saying that religions all over the world are actually worshiping and putting all their faith in some kind of Sys Admin?? lol
      What happens when they reboot - lets hope "our" simulation doesn't run on Windows!......... mind you - that would explain the huge number of bugs in our world!
      Wait till the OS gets upgraded to Vista.....then we can expect true wierdness. Any theories on what our current OS is? Certainly too unstable to be UNIX.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

they would consume and digest the entire earth, together with everything on it, living and dead

Thanks, I'm virtually sh*tting myself now.

*runs around closing all the curtains, locking all the doors, throws all 80's music onto the open fire, falls over, splits head open against steel robo-dog*
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
          *runs around closing all the curtains, locking all the doors, throws all 80's music onto the open fire, falls over, splits head open against steel robo-dog*
          Oh oh. You've just burnt your armour: 80's music

Comment

80's music.

What's the worry, the Nano-bots are coming to eat everything.Including 80's music collections....now that IS scary.
            Originally posted by George
            Thanks, I'm virtually sh*tting myself now.
            So you can do that by virtual reality now as well, brings a whole new meaning to a "data dump"!
            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
              With this combined intelligence, surely the little blighters would understand the consequences of their actions?
              A definite 2009 remake of the classic War Games film

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

"Dr. Falken, how about a nice game of... Halo 3?"

Comment

For any people from this original thread that are still here, i found this today on slashdot.

http://science.slashdot.org/story/14...e-a-simulation

9 years too late Slashdot.

Comment

Gabe - please don't bump threads - you already posted that in 17 other dimensions.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                    X