Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hsbc Server Down

Hi

Anyone else haveing trouble using HSBC epayments today? I cannot log onto our account and when I try to buy something off my site using HSBC it just crashes. Also noticed alot of sites seem to be having trouble today. Anyone managed to speak to HSBC this morning? I am hold and have been for 30 mins!!!

yeap

cannot get through

havent tried from my site but an order just came through without payment so we assume that customer could not get to the processing centre

Comment

Finally managed to speak to HSBC, there server has gone down but nobody works it their epayments department on the weekends so they cannot give me any information on how long it will be. Just been told to wait and keep trying the site. If it still doesnt work the epayments team will be back on monday! !!!

Comment

a nasty letter is probably on its way to their department from my side if its not fixed by end of today along with a request for compensation.

Comment

Same here! Just spoke to them again and they still have no idea when the problem will be sorted ony to say "it will be sorted asoon as possible".

Email complaints to: secure-epayments@hsbc.com

Comment

Don't ask me why I decided to have a peep and see if HSBC was working at this time of night but I suppose it helps that my home office is opposite the loo, .......anyway you'll be pleased to know that HSBC is working right now.
            It wasn't at the time of my last order, 2 hours ago, even with it down I still managed more orders than average for a Saturday
            Miranda Stamp
            Twinkle Twinkle
            www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
            Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Miranda

have you checked on your control panel whether they have lost any of your orders?

i have a suspicion that i am missing a few but i need to investigate further later on

Comment

Yup, I am missing 11 preauthorised transactions from 4th, and I can see transactions from 3rd that I'm sure were completed on 4th are not. In fact this is everything after 22.54 on 3rd, so I will have to check that the every one of the payments we completed on the 4th are indeed completed (I think they're re-appeared as pending, but think I will need to get to the office to do it from the paperwork so as to not miss anything) and we get the money in our account and are not lost in the ether.

Must've been something pretty major on the failure.
                Miranda Stamp
                Twinkle Twinkle
                Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Same here, we have some pendings on the website that are not on the HSBC system. So either it crashed and the buyer coulnd't complete or they have completed and it's not showing up. Will just have to see if the money arrives on Monday I spose!
                  Blank DVD
                  Cloth Nappies

Comment

Im not complaining as its the first problem with HSBC in many years - when you compare them to some of the others it just does not compare IMO

Comment

It's a fact that when you trade on the net these things will happen, no matter what. There is simply no avoiding it. All you can do is choose the systems you think it will happen least often with. If it happens too often then it becomes an issue. This is our first problem with HSBC and reading all the 'Protx down' threads, I feel we made a wise choice.

I remember last Christmas walking through Newton Abbott on one of the biggest shopping days and one side of the street was shut up because the power had gone out. All the managers were jumping up and down outside their shops. The Dixons guy was going particularly mental as I recall.

What can you do? Apart from having a contingency system, not a lot, it's just life. Shouting at them is no good as I'm sure they are as keen to get it fixed as we are.
                      Blank DVD
                      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Apart from having a contingency system
                        Agreed - that why I consider it a must that you provide several methods of payment.

Comment

It's the lack of communication AFTER the event: a mere message apologising for the problems and advising us to email if we have any queries.(plenty!)
                          It could've happened on a worse day, which is the consolation but I have a unanswered questions.
                          Having ploughed through transactions, it appears they've restored to end of Thursday, thereby eleminating all Fridays pre-authorisations (we pre-auth and take the payment when shipped)
                          It has also wiped the fact we've already completed the transactions for orders placed 3rd, this still show as pending. Our bank account shows these completed transactions have indeed been processed as the correct amount of money from them is sitting in our account waiting to clear. So I don't really want to re-take the money from my customers, yet they still show as pending.
                          A simple message to say transactions processed on 4th HAVE been processed while those pre-authorised sales have been eliminated would have been nice, but hey ho at least I'm not with Protx! And all my orders from the weekend bar one (phoned) went on to pay via Paypal.

Off to email HSBC....
                          Miranda Stamp
                          Twinkle Twinkle

Comment

First PPP went to the dogs (or never left them tbh)
                            Then PROTX fell apart.
                            Subsequently Worldpay screwed up.
                            Now HSBC have ballsed up.
                            Realex doesn't work.

Functioning and correctly working integrated PSPs with Actinic are like rocking horse shit at the moment, WTF am i supposed to recommend now. I've only got Barclays left i think.

**off to check the list of dross**

Google Checkout we need you lol - SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                              Functioning and correctly working integrated PSPs with Actinic are like rocking horse shit at the moment, WTF am i supposed to recommend now. I've only got Barclays left i think.
                              Lloyds TSB Cardnet?
                              We've been with them for six months and so far, no probs.
                              Customer service is rubbish though.
                              But they gave us by far the best rates ....
                              Kind Regards
                              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X