No announcement yet.

Online SQL Database Plug-In for Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today, i finished upgrading this addon, so that the catalog structure is also uploaded.

This essentially means that things like complex navigation replacements and such are possible with the data in the online database.

Everyone keep your eyes peeled for fergus first tool to use this middleware. Its going to be a corker.

Comment

upgrade!

I have upgraded this plugin, to be compatible with V9 of Actinic.

...and also with V7.

The plugin now comes in standalone exe flavour, meaning that your database uploads can be scheduled with the windows schedule control panel.

It also means that its faster, and does not need Actinic running to do its job.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe View Post
        Everyone keep your eyes peeled for fergus first tool to use this middleware. Its going to be a corker.
        Any hints as to what the tool will do?

Comment

In Gabe's words it's middleware so it will do whatever you program the online data to do.
          Things perhaps such as Ratings, Reviews, Wish Lists, Previously Viewed Products etc - anything that needs the product data available in an online database.

Comment

Here is a very short list of the things that can theoretically be created with this data:

- Customer login, account viewer.
            - Wish Lists, wedding lists, etc.
            - New products (for v7)
            - Best Sellers (for v7)
            - Advanced searches
            - Orderable lists of items or products.
            - RSS, GBase, XML, Yahoo, Ebay, ATOM type feeds.
            - Advanced Navigations

...etc, the list is endless. In fact, the real definition of this data use is:

"The display of all information from any product, fragment or section, together with all the information from your orders, and your customers, sortable or searchable in any manner you deem fit."

Please be aware, for the people who think that these things come free and rush to the site with their credit cards.... These things will have to be coded by yourselves, or get a php coder to script them for you. This tool simply gets the data online and makes it possible to make these tools.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Just a note to tell you all that the tool now has a pretty graphical installer, that asks for some simple details.

No longer do you have to edit a config file.

The installer now drops an icon to the desktop, that makes the whole thing a breeze.

If you want to see something cool i made with this data then go here:

http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/aca...ientLogin.html

user: kijuhygtfrdshygtfr@yhgtfrdehygtfrdeyhgtfd.com
              pass: TTTEST20000044

Comment

Are we supposed to be using the interact-studio login?
                I get Line: 5, Char: 1, Object expected

Comment

It works great for me, in both internet explorer 7 and firefox, 2 and 3.

perhaps clear your cache, and refresh the page? (hold ctrl and tap f5 a couple of times, to refresh the cache, on the offending page)

Comment

I don't see the login box in IE6.
                    OK in IE7, and very impressive.

BTW: yesterday saw a car reg X4 PWN - is that you?

Comment

lols, wish it was. a number-plate with pwn on it would be pwnage.

But, task in hand, looks like a daft IE6 problem, i'll deal with that and upload the results. Thanks for the save.

Comment

Working...
                      X