Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hsbc Epayments Problem

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with their HSBC epayments gateway today?

We cant sign in and people cannot pay for orders.

Havent been able to contact HSBC due to being out the office all day!!

Anyone spoke to them and got an info???

Thanks

hi there

we are in same position but we noticed very late today

i think now have to wait till monday

we are removing them temporarily from the site and leaving only paypal

Comment

We did take it off earlier today but then after contacting another local company that uses both actinic and HSBC we found they were accepting orders through HSBC so decided to put it back just incase some people could use it!

Well roll on Monday!

Thanks

Comment

no problems here been getting orders all day

Comment

We are getting orders as usual but can't sign in to the secure site. No complaints from customers yet but we can't see if there are any pending frauds etc. Should be fixed by Monday I guess.
          Blank DVD
          Cloth Nappies

Comment

I can't login to secure-epayments to see what's going on, and customers can't pay.

We have no backup option (or paypal).

I'd better sort that next week :-(

Comment

Hmm, just had an email from a customer saying they can't pay. This is the second weekend problem with esecure this year. Roll on Actinic payments.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

I don't use HSBC but I do know a couple of other (non-Actinic) people who were having problems with it yesterday so it's obviously not a completely isolated incident
                Tracey

Comment

www.secure-epayments.hsbc.com is down, i guess as its still going on they have a real problems

D

Comment

Hmmm, still down and the login has been down since yesterday morning. Now I'm getting emails and losing sales. I thought this was the premium option!

Anyone able to log into esecure or is the whole system down?
                    Blank DVD
                    Cloth Nappies

Comment

Anyone able to log into esecure or is the whole system down
                      Just tried and Im seeing an error page so it looks like thier servers have crashed

Comment

It's been down since at least lunchtime Friday when I first tried to check for any orders held as fraud. This is too long for such a big organisation. No contact either. They could at least send an email out. I can also confirm that I have checked and there have indeed been no HSBC payments since the 27th! It's a miracle that sales are holding up but they are all using paypal at the mo.

I'm dumping HSBC in favour of Streamline and hopefully Actinic payments ASAP. Paying over the odds for HSBC seemed a good idea at the time as I figured they would not suffer the same kind of issues that Protx do, or at least would fix them sooner. Wrong.

God knows what SVP are doing this weekend as they have gone HSBC big time. I think the City Link trailer parked outside will not be as full as usual come Monday.
                        Blank DVD
                        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Its totaly down for me and no back up payment system. I will be sorting out Paypal as a backup asap thats for sure. Im so disapointed with HSBC. Its just not acceptable to be loosing sales like this. Im very angry them especialy as this is the second time this year... and over a weekend which is a very busy period!! Its not just sales we are losing but our customers faith in our system.

I managed to talk with one of them yesterday who confirmed the system has been down since 11:30 AM friday. He said they were working on it 24/7 throughout the weekend till it gets fixed. I said i was going to put in a claim for compensation if it carries on and he said i should send my enquiry to secure-epayments@hsbc.com

I have since been emailing asking how to go about making a claim (no replies yet of course). It has now been nearly 30 HOURS !!! since any customers have been able to purchase anything!! My last sale came through on friday morning at about 10AM or just before.

I am definately going to be looking into alternative payment gateways. It is such a shame that HSBC cannot get it together on this one because when it works it works very well. I cannot believe the problem is not yet fixed, it makes you wonder how serious the problem is. Have they lost loads of our customers data? has their system been hacked into?

Can anyone advise on how to quickly implement Paypal as a payment gateway (i have full verified paypal account so shouldn't be a prob i pressume) ?? can this even be done quickly?

Comment

Can anyone advise on how to quickly implement Paypal as a payment gateway
                            About 30 seconds

Comment

wow that quick. im not sure i have the technical ability to do this though. Ive gone to business settings / payment and security
                              and can see the one line that says HSBC secure epayments - but as its the weekend and there is no cover support i am not sure i can do this myself without something going wrong. is it much easier than im imagining?

Comment

Working...
                              X