Customer unhappy with item - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So true Rich.

Its the same with face to face transctions in a shop.

Any resaonable customer who returns an unwanted purchase to a shop, is happy to take an exchange or credit note, and views the offer of a refund as a bonus (there is no legal entitlement to a refund).

The unreasonable (dare I say uneducated!) customer, demands a cash refund as thay claim it is their legal right!

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
      You'll all still feel s**t on Monday morning when all those potential repeat customers see you taking the piss out of their English!
      Er no I won't. The young lady in question has already been told in no uncertain terms not to order again. Not because of her English, but because of her general rudeness and demanding a refund with menaces - oh, and for refusing to send back the allegedly faulty goods (despite us giving a full refund and paying for the return). We'd also sent her replacements ...
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
        Er no I won't.
        Seems you're a bit hot under the collar, watch out for the good ol' libellous claims. If your customer can prove what you've posted on here came directly from an e-mail he/she sent you, you may well find yourself in the soup. Then again, he/she seems like they want everything for nothing - luckily you won't find many free lawyers and courts offering free cases

Comment

For the record, quoting something a customer has said, is not libel.

Libel or slander require the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, and for the injured party to be identified.

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
            Seems you're a bit hot under the collar, watch out for the good ol' libellous claims.
            Fortunately I was a journalist in a former life and my knowledge of the libel laws is, to coin a phrase, sh!t hot.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Fair enough. At the end of the day, let's face it - you're showing the true colours of a company when the employees go around slagging off their customers in clear public view. End of

Comment

'Text speak' is nothing new though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5P_zvE5qY
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

you're showing the true colours of a company when the employees go around slagging off their customers in clear public view.
                  Concur. The customer is always right.

If you want a peaceful life - learn to stomach it. I'll be the first to agree with you, but sometimes it's better to give in gracefully.
                  Paul
                  Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5 View Post
                    The customer is always right.
                    Complete bollox - its another phrase coined by some marketing bod years ago.

I only deal nicely with the ones that say "I made a mistake" or "could you please help as it has not arrived" e.t.c not the ones that say "Get it to me by tomorrow" or "im goining to sue you" letter of the law for those people the full 30 days before refund e.t.c normally backed up with a polite email explaining all further orders will be refused.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                      I only deal nicely with the ones that say "I made a mistake" or "could you please help as it has not arrived" e.t.c not the ones that say "Get it to me by tomorrow" or "im goining to sue you"
                      Couldn't agree more. I'm not a slave, nor will I put up with abuse from customers.

Comment

We do not "give in gracefully" to offensive or abusive calls or emails, and/or people who are trying it on (which ultimately is to the detriment of decent customers). In such cases we stick strictly to our T&Cs where otherwise we are more willing to bend the rules for good customers. Companies who give in just encourage bad customers to try it on somewhere else as well.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5 View Post
                          ... The customer is always right. ...
                          M% 4R$3!

Comment

Working...
                          X