X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Modem Update

Anyone done this yet?
    Any problems?
    How long did it take to update the MAC address?

Cheers

What's this about Lee?
    Are you replacing your modem or what?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      I have no idea what you are talking about i'm afraid. ...........That makes no sense, can you clarify what you mean?
      Deja Vue sorry Lee it was too tempting

Comment

Virgin sent an email out to all of its 20Mb users (as i understand), with a link to their site where you go and tell them which modem you currently have. It then tells you whether it's the best one to use. Mine was an old NTL one and they advised an upgrade. You give them your details online and they post a new replacement one out to you totally free. Some of the old ones do not maximise the service apparently.

I am presuming it is getting things ready for the 50MB service rolling out.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          Deja Vue sorry Lee it was too tempting
          If the cheap shot is available, why not take it. Don't cry when it gets reversed though .

Comment

I've not got the email (yet?).

Mind you I had my modem replaced some time ago to an NTL250 which I think can handle 50meg. I had to upgrade then because my old Motorola could only do 11meg.

Comment

Can you PM me the link Lee?

Comment

Their emails all go into spam folder on my machine as I got sick of them, by chance I just glanced at this one as it caught my interest. Can't see why they'd contact me particularly, unless they have on record that I am an old customer and will be on the very first modems they sent out.

Comment

LOL - mine go to spam too and I never read them - so maybe I did get it.
                  I was also one of the early birds, going from NTL dial up to broadband as soon as it came to the area. Speed at 9pm's about the same now as it was then.

Comment

I don't think it's particularly private Duncan, I will add it here in case anyone needs to check - http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...vice_20MB.html

Comment

What lucky people you all are,

Here at the outskirts of the world, we only get bt wires and as we are a long way from the exchange only get 2-3 meg at the best of times

Thought my dreams would be for 8 mag but now you have blown my mind with talk of 20 and 50 meg

Life is just so unfair sometimes
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Unfortunately what Virgin say vs what Virgin deliver seem to be two completey different things.

My browsing speed at peak times is pathetic. Virgin can only be rolling out faster speeds with the hope of monetizing it later - probably in the form of premuim broadband services such as on demand TV and other video or speed hungry multimedia.

I used to be able to get the full 20meg download speed from some servers a while back, now I'm lucky if I get half of that, and even then only on selected servers at 3am in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X