No announcement yet.

How to "Photoshop" a scanned ruler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George for the insurance claim Fuji is spelled Hasselblad!

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Is it time I moved up to one of the larger models jonty? One of 'em super zoom thingummyjiggers?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Mine's nothing like that- sorry George. Time to get technical with a large hammer
        Ben
        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for the thought though Ben :thumbsup:
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Follow up to Photoshop users:
            Attached Photo taken in a light box.
            You are all correct, the photo is much better than the scan.
            Now all I need to figure out is how to photoshop it up to the quality of the image on the site on the original post.

Thanks
            Dave
            Attached Files
            www.baypressservices.com

Comment

It is not a million miles away from the version in the original post. Your friends here are the "curves" dialogue to help with the contrast and then try the un-sharp mask in the filters... if you duplicate the layer first and then work on that have a play around to see what you can do.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Dave - back to your OP, the image you want to achieve has indeed been "Photoshopped". They will have done something like this (in Fireworks I'm afraid, but PS should be similar):
                • Remove the real texture of the metal ruler. 50% of this can be done by photographing/scanning carefully, 50% by adjusting brightness and contrast in FW/PS. Your original scanned image (ruler.jpg) is actually a bit better than the photographed version (ruler1.jpg) in this respect.
                • Add a new layer on top in FW/PS, make a rectangle big enough to half cover the original image below, then change the fill of the rectangle to a gradient (there are different types - you'll have to experiment) and adjust the colours and transparency of the gradient, and repeat this rectangle until you get the effect shown in your OP.

A VERY quick and dirty example based on your original image:
                Attached Files

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X