Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email from Gordon Brown - Is it genuine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's too much cynicism and negativity on this forum. If I listened to you guys I'd never get anywhere with this.

I just email David Miliband and got a reply back straight away. Apparently the money is already in the account but won't start earning any interest until they transfer it into my name. Not only that but it's guaranteed to earn 13% a year which means it will never run out. Apparently if I send them some money they can top up the account for me so if I take out a big bank loan I can make more money even without having any. Something like that anyway.

I'm just sending them my details now.

Don't knock Gordon Brown and David Miliband. They're only doing their best to help people out you know.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Can I have a loan?

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
        Yes, but you wouldn't expect them to put the real number in the email would you. Someone might see it and use the details to steal all my money.

Should I edit the number just in case? I'd hate everyone to know my card number as it would take me a while to use up all that money.

Mike
        sorry mike, what was i thinking, silly me

Comment

Can I have a loan?
          I can do better than that.

You can put your money in with mine and get the 13% interest. I've just looked into it and you can borrow money from the bank (or Tesco's, etc) at just 8% so if we borrow and put it into the account at 13% we'll make money for nothing.

David has confirmed this would be OK and his civil servants will take care of everything. All they'll need is our bank details and a direct debit form and they'll transfer the money directly. It seem we can't do it from our end because there's so much money going in and out from the government's accounts (mostly out I gather) that they'd never be able to find our payments.

They say I can only have 5 friends join in on this as otherwise we're really trying to take advantage of them. That seems fair to me.

Mike

Comment

Guys, don't bother with this it IS a scam.

I phoned the bank to set up the DD details and they tell me there's lot's of people doing this and there's no way the government is giving away all this money.

I tried to contact David Miliband but he's not replying to emails any more and the number he gave me doesn't work.

I can't believe the cheek of these guys.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
              I tried to contact David Miliband but he's not replying to emails any more and the number he gave me doesn't work.
              You probably upset them by posting the letter on here, you were warned to 'Stop further communications with any other person(s)' so it's your own fault.
              TAKE NOTICE: That you are warned to stop further communications with any other
              person(s) or office(s) different from the staff of the State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs to avoid hitches in receiving your payment.
              I also think that there is a small possibilty it is a scam based on the number of spelling mistakes, Mr Brown would make far more mistakes than a typical scammer.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

It is a shame this one didn't work out.

If anyone knows of any genuine offers out there then please let me know at Imasucker@yahoo.co.uk . Genuine offers only though.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X