Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClearCourse Aquires Sellerdeck

https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/2022/12/01/clearcourse/

https://www.clearcourse.co.uk/clearcourse-acquires-e-commerce-platform-provider-sellerdeck

Thanks for starting a thread Duncan.

It would be great to capture all questions and answer them in a public forum.

I'm really excited about the future and the benefits this acquisition gives to all our customers across all our platforms and services.

Thanks, Josh
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Hi Josh, Clear Course seem interesting in that their website offerings acknowledge that there are niche service areas and that a one size fits all approach is not always the best approach. It is also interesting to see that they already have EKM. The payments side of things with Clear Accept being the payment gateway looks to be the most useful integration. I could not see details on their website but their graphic shows Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Google Pay which would be of use. Best regards to you and the Sellerdeck team in your new phase. David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidCP View Post
        Hi Josh, Clear Course seem interesting in that their website offerings acknowledge that there are niche service areas and that a one size fits all approach is not always the best approach. It is also interesting to see that they already have EKM. The payments side of things with Clear Accept being the payment gateway looks to be the most useful integration. I could not see details on their website but their graphic shows Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay and Google Pay which would be of use. Best regards to you and the Sellerdeck team in your new phase. David
        Thanks David,

I'm glad you saw all those points and the message from ClearCourse came across. They value integrated software and payments solutions and recognise many businesses have unique requirements which results in targeted platforms. That's evident in their acquisitions, including a recent purchase of Pursuit (https://www.clearcourse.co.uk/pursuit) which focuses on solutions for the jewellery industry. They do own EKM and have done for roughly 2 years - there is a lot of opportunity here for both brands. Our research shows that not a single one of our leaving customers over the last 3 years went to EKM, so we do not see this platform as a direct competitor, but a partner to learn and collaborate with in the future.

Thanks, Josh.
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
          Thanks for starting a thread Duncan.

It would be great to capture all questions and answer them in a public forum.

I'm really excited about the future and the benefits this acquisition gives to all our customers across all our platforms and services.

Thanks, Josh
          Going to keep this short, Sellerdeck has forced a payment service change onto us with very little time to get this sorted, lots of issues, things not been tested ETC i feel this Clear Accept is no where ready.

And to top it off the person who is dealing with my ticket has gone on leave, my account manager is on leave, as a desperate measure i have just sent you a email and you are also on leave until the 12 of June !

What a time for you and your team to take leave ! the week you sunset SD payments.

Yes i am ranting, but you have got admit this is a all time Low for Sellerdeck.

Comment

I have read all the posts and feel for all who are having issues, I have used PayPal commerce for both PayPal and cards for some time now. It is very reliable and cost effective.
            Maybe an option for some until this new payment integration is fixed?
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
              I have read all the posts and feel for all who are having issues, I have used PayPal commerce for both PayPal and cards for some time now. It is very reliable and cost effective.
              Maybe an option for some until this new payment integration is fixed?
              Hi Ed
              Are you able to advise on typical costs per transaction using PayPal commerce and are transaction fees deducted for each transaction or charged monthly?
              It would also be helpful to know how long it takes for committed transactions to clear into the account - presumably PayPal?

I did try PayPal when first offered by Sellerdeck as a payment service but was put off by the transaction fees at the time compared to conventional banking merchant services.

I am aware that VAT is not applied to PayPal transaction fees.
              Martin
              Mantra Audio

Comment

It depends very much on your turnover, you can negotiate a deal. My prices are pretty much the same as what I was paying with sellerdeck payments.
                There is no merchant bank account needed, card payment integration is on the site so no sending customers to a different url.
                You can preauthorise or commit payments immediately.
                The money is immediately in your PayPal account once you commit a transaction.
                You can transfer funds immediately from the PayPal account to your bank.
                A massive bonus for me is simplification, no multiple invoices from different parties, one single login from anywhere.
                It may not be for everyone but its cost effective if you have a reasonable turnover and straightforward and avoids needing multiple payment providers.

Comment

Thanks Ed for your feedback - I will check out the benefits of using PayPal payment option!
                  Martin
                  Mantra Audio

Comment

We use PayPal for no other reason than our customers indicated years ago that they preferred it when we ran WorldPay, or Streamline as it was then payments also.
                    Things I like
                    - Our rate is 1.1% + 30p, we only ship to UK (increasing to 1.2% October)
                    - Funds available in PP account instantly (although when account is new they may hold untill proof of delivery)
                    - Transfer to bank account (free) daily either manually or set up automated transfer.
                    - Seller protection if customer uses PayPal to pay (but not if you offer card payments through PP)
                    - Fairly easy to understand reports, which book keeper uses for reconciliation, end of year stuff etc.
                    - The send a PayPal invoice and interest free payments for consumers get used and are helpful.
                    - Adding tracking details to PP transaction is easy. PP then forward to customer by email
                    - No vat.
                    - No PCI complience fees or self assesments hoops to jump through each year.
                    Don't like,
                    - Not easy to communicate with PP if there are any issues, all very robotic.
                    - They do impose limits on transferring your funds monthly, this improves as you get established, but can be an issue cash flow wise. I was very ill last year, in effect stopped trading for 10 weeks - PP showed zero understanding and saw the nil trading as negative and put some very unfair (IMO) restrictions on our account when we got going again.
                    - They take their fee at point of sale.

Had our business account for 18 years, very loyal to them, but end of the day as with all modern banks / financial services, just a customer number.
                    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mark, that's helpful too!
                      Can you still use the PayPal payment system for orders placed on the telephone (MOTO)?
                      Also is it possible to make adjustments to the value of an order to account for returns, exchanges, additional transport charges etc.
                      Martin
                      Mantra Audio

Comment

You can use moto for card and I often make adjustments without issue.
                        Have a look at the checkout on my site and choose card to see how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                          You can use moto for card and I often make adjustments without issue.
                          Have a look at the checkout on my site and choose card to see how it looks.
                          ! see - you will probably download a fictitious order for a spotter scope - not needed just yet!!
                          Process appears straight forward and I like the look.
                          Which PayPal Commerce Payment Setting applies in SD Business Settings as I can see there are 6 to choose from on my list?
                          Martin
                          Mantra Audio

Comment

Out at the moment, I'll take screenshot

Comment

Maybe different as I'm still on 18.21, just has PayPal and PayPal (cards)

Comment

Working...
                              X