No announcement yet.

Farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Norman, I, too, am shocked and saddened to hear your news. I am so sorry for you and your family.

I have often reflected and asked, if I was to pass, "would they know I had been here" and "have I made a contribution or left some legacy behind"?. Having read all of the comments above, I can't really add much more, except to say that from my own experience in working with you, it is very clear that you have made a massive contribution, particularly to the Actinic and Sellerdeck Community. You've offered invaluable assistance, and have helped so many of us achieve, as you have said, what may have been considered not-possible. I hope you can take some satisfaction from this massive contribution, achievement and legacy.

All the best Norman, and thank you.

Jeff

Jeff Nurse
    Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
    Office Design & Furniture Solutions
    www.aerofoil.net

Comment

I've posted the latest versions of all my add-ons (including many I've never published) to http://www.drillpine.biz/DrillpineSe...ckFreeware.zip
      These are just the latest V16 and V18 versions. It's a 17Mb Zipfile created with WinRAR.

Also on www.drillpine.biz is a 3 year old www.drillpine.biz/Drillpine-Add-Ons.zip containing nearly everything I've done (till then). It's a 133Mb Zipfile created with WinRAR.

They won't be there for long so best download a copy and put it somewhere that others can find it.

Please let me know if you've successfully retrieved these.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes, downloaded this morning. Thank you so much Norman.
        Very kind gesture. I hope that someone with better knowledge than me can pick up your legacy.

Jeff
        Jeff Nurse
        Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
        Office Design & Furniture Solutions
        www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Sending all best thoughts and good wishes. Jonathan
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer
          SellerDeck Website Designer
          Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
          Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Dear Norman,

I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with you directly, but over my many years of using Actinic / Sellerdeck your contribution to this forum have been a great help. Please accept my best wishes and sincere thanks for all the solutions you have created for everything form the simple to the "it can't be done" problems we have all experienced over the years.

Kindest Regards, Toby

Toby@happyharris.co.uk

Comment

Dear Norman

I too was very sorry to hear this sad news, and would like to add my thanks for all the invaluable contributions you have made to this forum and beyond. Your expertise and generosity has been such a help to me and many others through the years, thank you.

Best wishes
              Paul

Comment

Dear Norman, So sorry to read this. Thank you for all your help. Our thoughts are with you and your family,

Comment

Dear Norman,

Truly sorry to hear of your situation. Your contribution to the Sellerdeck/Actinic community has been invaluable to many over the years.

Wishing you all the best.

James Greig
                  Host-IT
                  Nuco Technologies Ltd
                  For professional and affordable Sellerdeck web hosting with plans to suit your needs.

Host-it.co.uk
                  4Surehosting.co.uk
                  Pinbrook

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this, such sad and unfair news. It is so you though to be thinking about your loyal Sellerdeck friends even now.

You are such an inspiration, as fellow developer I can say for sure that you really did do the impossible with your plugins, I would swear that you looked at jobs and said, easy, easy, easy, impossible and only chose the impossible, you must have changed so many peoples businesses for the better. You have given so much to this community over the years, always going the extra mile, always having time for strangers and for friends.

I always like to think of you in turkey, living your best life out there, I always imagined you windsurfing out there, not sure if you do but it feels like you should have. You brought a lot more than technology to this place, you brought fun, friendship and constant selfless help.

Im sending you a massive hug and a bouquet of moles.

Jan
                    xx
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Norman, I am so sorry to hear this. You are a name that has been known since I started in 2001. Your plugins have been so helpful over the years and you have given such support to those on the forum.. Wishing you and your family my best,
                      Jenny
                      Hanson Web Design
                      www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                      jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                      Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Unfortunately Norman passed away on 1st May.
                        RIP Norman
                        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                        Zirconium Rings
                        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

So sad. Rest in peace Norman, thank you for everything.
                          Jonathan Chappell
                          Website Designer
                          SellerDeck Website Designer
                          Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                          Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

RIP Norman, you will be sadly missed, thank you for all your help and support.

Martin
                            Martin
                            Mantra Audio

Comment

Sad news. He will certainly never be fogotten in these circles. My condolences to his family.

Comment

I have only just learned of Normans passing, and I am so so incredibly sad to read this thread. Norman was a true gem, always willing to help and a true gentleman. He has helped many of us here out of sticky situations.He will be dearly missed, both by us all here, and by his family and friends. Rest in peace Norman. ♥
                                Kind Regards
                                Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
                                X