This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuralWeb
    Or used the developers closed forum - not a bad idea me thinks.
    Whilst I know (and have shared) that feeling, I do hope we are not driven out of the open forums. There is so much useful information here only because of the efforts of those willing to share their experience and knowledge, not just of the Actinic products, but of e-commerce (and even life) in general.

I've just added a couple more to my ignore list. Simon Williams is not the lonely leper he was at the start of this spring.

It is actually interesting now to read those "people's" threads and guess the question from the responses of those of you still responding.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      I've just added a couple more to my ignore list.
      *waves*

I wonder if Bill can see this he he
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
        *waves*

I wonder if Bill can see this he he
        'Course I can

BTW flights changed and now arriving Dyce at 09:46 on 5th July.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Imagine if all developers stopped posting
          I did the same today, I had an answer for a post but I knew that it had probably been answered before, I just couldn't be bothered to search the forum and find a link to include. I'm happy to help, but if posting becomes hard work then I won't be posting. No one else has answered the post, so the end result is that someone has received no help.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            Yep - its a better life not posting Ive found
            I wondered were you went Malc, now i know i just did not see it coming as quick as you did.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
              "Developers" are plebs, "Registered Users" are where its happening....
              I sold my badge on Ebay and got the money via PayPal

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Well add my vote to add GC, as it if FREE to use till next year and after that they give you £10 of free checkouts for every £1 we spend on Adwords it means that We basically make 3% more profit per sale than we would via Paypal or some of the alternatives. On top of that we get the GC Logo beneath out Adwords Adverts, which gives us FREE advertising.

Personally I think it's a no brainer...

+1 VOTE By me

Comment

Another Vote!!
                  Steve
                  -------------------
                  www.provide.co.uk Actinic Web Design & Support Services
                  www.tradehandles.co.uk Kitchen Door Handles & Retro Fit Kitchen Accessories
                  -------------------

Comment

Gc

Another vote for GC in v8 Next week please in v8.2 !!

www.itcsales.co.uk V8
                    Regards

ITC

www.itcsales.co.uk
                    www.theitcgroup.com
                    www.itclear.com

Comment

blimey, what a dreadful thread this has turned into.

I may be a member of the elite "registered user" class but I'd like to pledge my allegiance and prostrate myself in thanks to the "developer" class for the invaluable contribution in freely supporting the community beyond anything I've seen before on a forum.

I for one am grateful to have input from the hardcore members on something like GC and the more "developers" are encouraged to share their experiences, the better in terms of getting a rounded view of it. The discussion has certainly made me question the benefit far more than I would have.

However, I still know far too little about the benefits or otherwise of GC other than it really stands out alot for Adwords and that concerns me for the impact on my campaigns. The discussion on customer confusion and the low sales increase is very interesting but I don't doubt that GC will become a serious payment contender.

So on balance I'd like to put my vote for GC integration (but done properly), especially in light of the recent problems many of us had with Protx.

Now please stop winding up our "developers" who are the biggest asset to Actinic and without whom the lack of GC integration will seem like very very tiny nano-potatoes.
                      http://www.strawberry-tiger.co.uk
                      Practical parenting products for babies and toddlers covering safety, development, sun protection, clothing, health, bedroom, nursery, travel, etc.

Comment

I've gone cold on GC now. My original wish was to get in on the launch promo. I know for a fact that I lost not only loads of new business but also lsome long term customers over that fiasco. How much will it cost me, who knows in the long term?

Why? Because all my adwords competition had the offer in their ads and we didn't. Sales were flat for weeks. A regular customer who spent hundreds a week has now gone off to one of those sites and I'm having to try and lure him back by giving him bespoke discounts. Nice.

I think a basic integration should have been possible. In the long term, I will vote for it as it'll become popular in time. Won't make me change carts though.

As for the dev/user war, please don't give up. I'm still here and you've seen how Lee speaks to me
                        Blank DVD
                        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
                          I'm still here and you've seen how Lee speaks to me
                          LOL Steve...that made me chuckle
                          Tracey

Comment

I for one am grateful to have input from the hardcore members on something like GC and the more "developers" are encouraged to share their experiences, the better in terms of getting a rounded view of it. The discussion has certainly made me question the benefit far more than I would have.

However, I still know far too little about the benefits or otherwise of GC other than it really stands out alot for Adwords and that concerns me for the impact on my campaigns. The discussion on customer confusion and the low sales increase is very interesting but I don't doubt that GC will become a serious payment contender.
                            I agree that some sites will have lost out during the recent GC promotion, this is regrettable but should not have been a show stopper for any site. I simply viewed the £10 promotion as a cheap way for Google to buy customers and launch GC. I agree that the extra add to cart button for GC is very confusing, the last thing any site needs to do is confuse purchasers. I have also heard that behind the scenes GC is not really ready and there are still teething issues. My view is let someone else bring it to the market and only once it becomes standard will I recommend it to clients.

So on balance I'd like to put my vote for GC integration (but done properly), especially in light of the recent problems many of us had with Protx.
                            We all would like to see it as an additional offering. Once all the hype has died down, I suspect GC will become a little bit like paypal, a useful additional PSP but not the main one for many stores.

Now please stop winding up our "developers" who are the biggest asset to Actinic and without whom the lack of GC integration will seem like very very tiny nano-potatoes.
                            Hopefully Actinic will allow some developers to test GC before they send it out into the wild. The recent paypal pro fiasco shows better testing is essential. I will not be recommending anyone uses GC (not that anyone has asked me) until it has either bedded in or I have been convinced it works and is properly integrated (and correctly charges UK/GB shipping to the hungarians)

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
                              As for the dev/user war, please don't give up. I'm still here and you've seen how Lee speaks to me
                              Aww Steve, you don't feel singled out do you?

Originally posted by pinbrook
                              (and correctly charges UK/GB shipping to the hungarians)
                              Nice one Croccy, first laugh of the day.

Comment

I was hoping I got special treatment but it seems you are rude to everyone, ya tart.

Anyway, back on topic. On the subject of the £10 promotion, you would be amazed how fast word got around about which sites were doing it and which weren't. I can only imagine the lengths that SVP went to to get in on the promotion as the first few weeks of not being in it must have cost them thousands (I know they are not actinic any more). The galling thing is that we were invited early on and the only way to do it would be a bastardised payment request hooha that would have been impossible. I would have gladly processed all those orders on the GC system and paid somebody to manually enter them into actinic.

I know it cost me hundreds and it may have cost me thousands. We will never really know. Anyway, that ship has sailed (with my previous customers on it).

The really big question is this. The internet moves fast and word spreads like wildfire. So, the next time there is some killer offer that merchants can offer their customers, will we be once again out in the cold while others reap the rewards? Or will our package be focussing on an alternative product (in this case PPP) and failing to get even that working correctly?

I want to stay with Actinic, I really do. I understand it and kind of like it. It's great for SEO. Please stop giving me reasons to look around at the alternatives. I had my finger on the Multi Site trigger a couple weeks ago and now am wondering if I need to research an alternative. Either way, I won't be commiting to it just yet. Turned the focus to Amazon instead for now while I contemplate the best way forward.

I'm looking to possibly sell this business in a few years time. By then, I hope I won't have buyers saying 'Oh god, your site is built with Actnic? No way'
                                Blank DVD
                                Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                                X