Show approximate shipping on cart page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show approximate shipping on cart page

CAn we have the ability to have the shipping costs shown prior to logging in. When people are making comparisons of who to order from online, having to register all your details prior to finding out the shipping costs is a clear deterrent, and likely to lose a customer

A simple way fo calculating this and showing it in the basket prior to checkout would be all that si needed, with a drop down box to select their region/area/country

Hello John

There is a possibility to do this within the software using the Request Location Information Early option in Business Settings | Ordering. However, for this all sections in the Catalogue would need to be set to use Quantity on Confirmation Page.
    Once this is set, when a customer adds a product to cart, he/she will be led to an interim page with a country drop-down. Selecting a country and hitting Confirm or Checkout will display the shipping cost on the next page.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
      Hello John

There is a possibility to do this within the software using the Request Location Information Early option in Business Settings | Ordering. However, for this all sections in the Catalogue would need to be set to use Quantity on Confirmation Page.
      Once this is set, when a customer adds a product to cart, he/she will be led to an interim page with a country drop-down. Selecting a country and hitting Confirm or Checkout will display the shipping cost on the next page.

Hope this helps.

Regards
      Hi

Tried to do this but even after setting each section to use Quantity on Confirmation Page, the Request Location Information Early box is still greyed out. I also noticed that if I set the Quantity on Confirmation Page in the Design Options as the global setting it did not change the section settings even though they had Use Parent Setting checked. The operation is even more confusing as if I then set each section separately by first unchecking the Use Parent Setting box and then choosing a setting manually I found that if I then set the Use Parent Setting box again, those settings remained as set manually.

So
      1/ the Use Parent Settings checkbox does not appear to force the selection back to the global setting it just disables or enables the radio buttons.

2/ How do I enable the Request Location Information Early box

I am usingDesigner V12.0.1 NBLA

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Do you still have the Quantity on Confirmation Page set in Design menu > Design Options? not setting it there used to prevent Request Location Information Early from being selected. You can't have products with quantity on product pages too - reference here: Late display of shipping charge (reason at post #8).
        Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          Do you still have the Quantity on Confirmation Page set in Design menu > Design Options? not setting it there used to prevent Request Location Information Early from being selected. You can't have products with quantity on product pages too - reference here: Late display of shipping charge (reason at post #8).
          Apparently changing the global setting does not reflect through to each section, you have to set each section separately by unchecking the use global settings box on each section page and then chaging the radio buttons on all sections and all subsections, I had missed one of the sub-sub sections.

I was expecting to change the global setting in Design options to sort it all out for me but alas you have to do each one by hand.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Apologies for that, it has been reported as an issue already for a fix in a future version.

Regards
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X