No announcement yet.

Sellerdeck on Mobile devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use my iphone for most of my browsing, however for a purchase I will always switch to the ipad where the website looks the same as a pc, or switch to the pc.

The websites that I have seen that have been adapted for a smartphone always seems to be lacking information. Take ebay for instance unless it has changed, the last time I tried it on my iphone I was advised to visit the full website to check the information prior to bidding, why? what was not showing on the mobile site.

I dislike the mobile sites so much on my old iphone I had a cydia app that fools the website into thinking the phone is a desktop and shows the full site.

From my own experience browsing on a mobile device may be high but i never complete an order.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Ben's explanation..

"average retailer" or "average consumer" ?

I need to know how far off average we are....
      www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Our experience is that while many of our website viewers use a mobile device to browse, a purchase from a mobile device is very rare.
        Our sites render accurately on mobile devices and with the current trend towards larger mobile screens, we feel that, for the moment at least, this is sufficient.

I agree with Buzby that I usually find a mobile enhanced site to be frustrating as I can't access the information I want; often that 'offence' is then compounded by the lack of a choice to view a site as a normal, not enhanced, site. That's when I leave it.
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
        X