Add option for [LINK] to open in a new window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add option for [LINK] to open in a new window

I can find requests for this going back to 2005 (https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...-target-_blank) - does anyone actually read these posts?

Can we have a tickbox in the [LINK] dialogues to open the link in the new window (target="_blank") for when people ae linking to external resources. It is very bad UX and bad for business to take customers away from your site.

Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Hi Jonathan,

I read them and so does the management team.

The community is often a place that feeds into our development process for discussions on new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Josh - good to hear that you and the management team do read the forum (as demonstrated by your reply to Jonathan inside 10 minutes!) but has this request been added to your development process? If not, how do we go about getting it added to the development list?
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Not certain about this specific item, but I'll check in with the team on Monday.

Ideally, raise a ticket, as that record allows us to understand the number of (logged) field reports and combine the comments.

We use Jira heavily and so having tickets recorded in that system allows us to run reports which contribute to the development decision making process.

Of course, creating a community post is also very useful as it can highlight areas, in a public place, which users may not be aware of. I also find it valuable to read the comments - I may not always get involved in the discussion but I'm often a spectator.
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

add me to that ticket

Comment

To Clarify Josh, If something is added to this Wish List area of the forum you (and some developers) read it but nothing happens unless we also raise a ticket?
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

I have opened a Jira ticket (https://jira.sellerdeck.com/serviced...stomer/portals)- I suggest the other contributors to this thread do so to.
              Jonathan Chappell
              Website Designer

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
                To Clarify Josh, If something is added to this Wish List area of the forum you (and some developers) read it but nothing happens unless we also raise a ticket?
                Hi Jonathan,

We look at all channels, including the Wish List area of the forum. We have a wish list component in our ticketing system which we use to record information against so it is easier to follow our internal processes. Those tickets are often created by us, based on feedback from customers regardless of the channel. I.e. we may see a post on the forum or it could be from a conversation with the Account Managers.

Creating a ticket is always a good idea, but isn't always required.

Thanks, Josh
                Josh Barling
                CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Thanks for contacting SellerDeck software support.

There is an existing wish list item for this (WL-3188), to which I have added this ticket as a request.
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

Just out of interest:
                    ...what is the datestamp of [1]WL-3188?

The wish list item was created with the original request on 15/Feb/16 and the only other request is yours today.
                    Jonathan Chappell
                    Website Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                      Ideally, raise a ticket, .
                      That's too woolly Josh - I think that you should make the statement "You must raise a ticket if you want us to make an enhancement...." or something similar. The situation at the moment means that you may, or may not, see a request on the forum and act on it.... and we definitely do not know whether or not you have acted on it.

Also, is there any way of finding our what requests have been made? Or some kind of development road map? With lots of other products I use I get informed of where it is going and what developments are being made. With SellerDeck it comes as a complete suprise (or disappointment sometimes) when a new release is made.
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post

That's too woolly Josh - I think that you should make the statement "You must raise a ticket if you want us to make an enhancement...." or something similar. The situation at the moment means that you may, or may not, see a request on the forum and act on it.... and we definitely do not know whether or not you have acted on it.

Also, is there any way of finding our what requests have been made? Or some kind of development road map? With lots of other products I use I get informed of where it is going and what developments are being made. With SellerDeck it comes as a complete suprise (or disappointment sometimes) when a new release is made.
                        That's a fair comment, so in that case I would say always raise a ticket to ensure it is logged against our Wish List component in our ticketing system as that is used in reports for our Development Management Meetings.

It is still of value to create a thread on the forum as it allows others to contribute and spark conversations; we also create internal tickets based on all channels we get feedback from.

As you can imagine the list of requests is very extensive, from the decades of collecting them. There isn't an easy way for us to share that, although there are options we've investigated previously and may act on.

A development road map would obviously be very useful for the community; of course we have an internal one, although we are flexible with the priority and timeline based on many factors. We aren't in a position just yet to give a definitive road map, however, there will be announcements shortly on the more recent developments.

We are rebuilding our website so that it is easier to engage with our existing and future developments, as we feel the current website doesn't allow for an enjoyable experience on exploring options. Once the new website is live it will be easier to make announcements and give access to a format that customers can digest and access.

Thanks, Josh
                        Josh Barling
                        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Thanks for that update Josh.
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
                          X