Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I set up an account without VAT Exemption but allow the customer to specify if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I set up an account without VAT Exemption but allow the customer to specify if...

Can I set up an account without VAT Exemption but allow the customer to specify if they are exempt online?

By default exemption for a customer account will only work if you set it within the account itself. However, if you do not know the VAT number for the account then you can do the following that will allow a customer account to exempt themselves online.

* browse to your site folder and locate the 'ActinicOrder.pm' file (take a backup)
    * open the file in a text editor such as notepad
    * search for:

#
    # gather the data
    #
    if(!$::g_InputHash{ADDRESSSELECT} ) # if address select is not defined use input hash, otherwise leave account data untouched

* replace this with:

#
    # if tax exempt option is included into checkout page then allow to override online
    #
    if ((defined $::g_InputHash{'TAXEXEMPT1DATA'}) or (defined $::g_InputHash{'TAXEXEMPT2DATA'}))

* close and save the file
    * update your site.

SellerDeck is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder or restore your backup.
Working...
X