Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get the value of a custom property that is defined at the "Product level...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I get the value of a custom property that is defined at the "Product level...

How can I get the value of a custom property that is defined at the "Product level" to display in the confirmation email sent to the customer?

v7 and earlier

Create a CUSTOMVAR called DELIVERY for example (Advanced | Custom Properties) and define it for each product.
    To do this click on the 'Properties' tab on a product and the click the '+' symbol in the upper left hand corner to
    create a new row. Click within the 'Property' field and select the CUSTOMVAR from the dropdown list, and then
    define a value and then select 'Use as CUSTOMVAR'.

Now to get the CUSTOMVAR value to display on the email that is generated (server side) to confirm the order, you
    will have to do the following.

Edit OrderScript.pl
    Search for '# Add product line', you should see...

#
    # Add product line
    #
    MailOrderLine( $$pProduct{REFERENCE},
    $$pProduct{NAME},
    $$pOrderDetail{QUANTITY},
    $CurrentItem{'PRICE'},
    $CurrentItem{'COST'},
    $nDescriptionColumnWidth,
    @TableFormat
    );

change the above to...

#
    # Add product line
    #
    MailOrderLine( $$pProduct{REFERENCE},
    $$pProduct{NAME} . " Delivery:" . $$pProduct{CUSTOMVARS}{DELIVERY},
    $$pOrderDetail{QUANTITY},
    $CurrentItem{'PRICE'},
    $CurrentItem{'COST'},
    $nDescriptionColumnWidth,
    @TableFormat
    );

Save and Exit

The delivery message will now appear after (or under if necessary) the product description in the email e.g.
    'Sample Product Delivery:April'

SellerDeck is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder, replace the script you have changed and upload to you site. If you have a test facility, we strongly recommend that you test any changes before you upload them to your live site.
Working...
X