Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I move my EPOS software to a new pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I move my EPOS software to a new pc?

1. If you are running EPOS on a network, you should check the location of the shared databases. To do this, open EPOS on the remote tills (the ones that are connecting to the shared data), go to 'Setup | This Till' and select the 'Connect' tab. Make a note of the paths to the shared databases. You will need this information to reconnect after upgrade. If you are not using EPOS in 'Network' mode, you can skip this step.
    2. Also make a note of the version of EPOS that you are using (shown on the main screen).
    3. Close down SellerDeck EPOS. If you are using SellerDeck EPOS on a network, close down each instance of EPOS.
    4. Locate the 'checkout' folder on your computer through 'Windows Explorer', by default this is 'C:\checkout'.
    5. Take a copy of the 'checkout' folder and keep it safe.
    6. With all copies of EPOS on the network closed, you can now install EPOS onto the new terminal. Use either your original disk or you can download your EPOS version from http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...tegory/archive
    7. Accept the default settings throughout the installation.
    8. Once EPOS has been installed, locate the checkout folder that you had backed up from your original till.
    9. Copy the following .mdb files from it: 'Data', 'Transaction', 'Order', 'Stock Movement', 'system', 'ZRead'.
    10. Paste the files into the new 'checkout' folder that has been created from the new installation.
    11. Plug in the dongle and load up EPOS.
    12. If you are running EPOS on a network, open EPOS on the remote machine, go to 'Setup | This Till' and select the 'Connect' tab.
    13. Click the small square next to 'Path to Data' and browse to the shared 'Data.mdb'. Repeat for 'Path to Transaction Data', 'Path to Order Data', Path to Stock Data', and 'Path to Z Read Data'.
    14. Go into 'Products' file and check that your data is there.
    15. If you are linking to SellerDeck Ecommerce, check the link between Business and EPOS. If it’s not linking then make sure that the 'SellerDeck Epos Branch Server' is correct within the Business Software (SellerDeck EPOS Link | Configuration | SellerDeck EPOS Branch Server). You need to make sure it's the name of the EPOS PC or its IP address
Working...
X