Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I change the text displayed for my price breaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I change the text displayed for my price breaks?

When using quantity based discounts they display as in the following example:

To edit the layout that generates the price breaks:

* on the 'Design' tab, highlight a product with quantity price breaks on the 'Content Tree'
    * click on one of the price break lines in the preview pane to load the layout into the 'Code Window' (should be either 'Standard Tax Exclusive Price', 'Standard Tax Inclusive Price' or 'Standard Tax Inclusive and Exclusive Price')
    * you should see something like:

where:
    o ProductPriceDescription variable (line 2) is the price label - e.g. 'Price:' in the above example (the value is taken from the 'Settings | Site Options | General | Product Price Description' field)
    o Lines 4 to 11 display the first price break. Lines 5 to 7 are used when the maximum for this price break is 1 and lines 8 to 10 are used when the maximum is more than 1
    o Lines 12 to 14 display the middle price breaks ('5 to 9' and '10 to 14' items in the above example)
    o Lines 15 to 17 display the last price break
    o Product Price Excluding Tax (line 19) displays the actual price
    o Lines 21 to 26 are used for the tax message (i.e. '(Excluding VAT at 15%)')

So if you wanted to change the first line in the above example so it followed the format of the rest of the lines, to read:

Price: (1 to 4 items) £15.00 (Excluding VAT at 15%)

you would change line 9 to look like:

Attached Files
Working...
X