Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I ask people to enter their email addresses twice in order to verify them..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I ask people to enter their email addresses twice in order to verify them..

How can I ask people to enter their email addresses twice in order to verify them online?

This technique will replace the single 'Email' field in the checkout with two email fields, and the customer will not be able to continue until the email addresses in both fields match.

To do this, go to the 'Design' tab and from the 'Select Page Type' list select 'Checkout Page 1'.

Locate the 'Email Address' field in the checkout and click on it.

Look for the line:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEEMAIL" size="20" maxlength="255" value="<actinic:variable name="InvoiceEmail" />">
    REPLACE it with the following code:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEEMAIL" id="email1" size="20" maxlength="255" value="<actinic:variable name="InvoiceEmail" />">
    <!-- start Check email address -->
          <br>
          Repeat email address:
          <br>
          <input type="TEXT" name="DUMMY" id="email2" size="20" maxlength="255" value="<actinic:variable name="InvoiceEmail" />">
    <script language=JavaScript>
    <!--
    function checkemailaddress()
      {
      if ( document.getElementById('email1').value != document.getElementById('email2').value )
        {
        alert('The Email addresses do not match');
        return false;
        }
    return true;
    }
    // -->
    </script>
    <!-- end Check email address -->
    Then further down the page, click on the 'Next >' button to open the layout called 'Checkout Next Button'.

REPLACE the entire contents of the layout with the following code:

HTML Code:
    <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<actinic:variable encoding="html" name="NextButton" />" onclick="return checkemailaddress()" />
    Then update your store and try out the email address checker.

This is a legacy article intended for use with version 9 and previous versions, as this facility has been incorporated into version 10 of SellerDeck's ecommerce software
Working...
X