Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi User SSL (Secure Socket Layer) - advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

hi Paul - I have a dedicated server with 1and1.com have everything set up correctly bust still a filing to upload - would you kindly send em your netwwork settings , please substitute test.com for the domain itself..or something similar ...many thanks - sam

i have a linux server can access ok with filezilla , can access ok with actinic and see directories but cannot actually upload ...I get errors ...

hope you can help...

Comment

hi Paul - I have a dedicated server with 1and1.com have everything set up correctly but still a failing to upload - would you kindly send me your network settings , please substitute test.com for the domain itself..or something similar ...many thanks - sam

Ihave a linux dedicated server can access and upload ok with filezilla , can access ok with actinic and see directories but cannot actually upload ...I get errors ...

hope you can help...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

One thing to check is if you have passive FTP enabled, most FTP clients will try both options, you should try disabling this in th network setting as I see you have it enabled.

Are you using any hosting panel such as plesk, cpanel etc...
        Nuco Technologies Ltd
        For professional and affordable Sellerdeck web hosting with plans to suit your needs.

Host-it.co.uk
        4Surehosting.co.uk
        Pinbrook

Comment

thanks for the reply - I have tried all settings , I can easily connect with Filezilla in either settings . I have uploaded same site to Fasthosts dedicated server and also 1and1.com shared hosting , but now with their dedicated server , it wont work.

I am hoping someone else with the same 1AND1.COM dedicated server may share their settings with me...

Comment

Hi,

Can you post a copy of your network settings file, removing the ftp user and pass.

You can do this by going to your network settings then selecting the export option then specifying a file name e.g. network-settings.txt, once saved open in notepad and edit the FTP user and pass and then copy and past in forum post.
            Nuco Technologies Ltd
            For professional and affordable Sellerdeck web hosting with plans to suit your needs.

Host-it.co.uk
            4Surehosting.co.uk
            Pinbrook

Comment

I have using the wizard to find the settings , so I simply enter the ftp address and password but get stuck at this point
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,.

Without seeing your full network settings it's hard to tell whats required, you may want to make a backup of your current setup then try importing the following setting, which i have written up based on the image you have supplied.

You will want to copy and past the following into a text file (notepad) and change yourdomain.tld to your domain name then update the FTP usernmae and password as required. once you have made the changes import into your actinic software then run the test.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                HTTPPROXYPORT 80
                HTTPPROXYUSER
                HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                FTPPROXYMODE 0
                FTPPROXYADDRESS
                FTPPROXYPORT 21
                FTPPROXYUSER
                FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                SCRIPTID 1
                SCRIPTEXT .pl
                SMTPHOST localhost
                WEBSITEURL http://www.yourdomain.tld/
                IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
                USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                USEENHANCEFTP true
                FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 55000
                FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                FTPKEEPALIVEINTERVAL 30000
                FTPSILENT false
                FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 60000
                SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
                SMTPUSERNAME
                SMTPPASSWORD
                COMPRESSIONPACKETSIZE 1024
                COMPRESSEDUPLOAD true
                SSLCATALOGURL https://www.yourdomain.tld/acatalog/
                SSLCGIBINURL https://www.yourdomain.tld/cgi-bin/
                SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../httpdocs/acatalog/
                SSLCODEBASE ./
                SSLFTPHOST ftp.yourdomain.tld
                SSLFTPUSERNAME username
                SSLFTPPASSWORD password
                SSLPATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
                SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP true
                CATALOGURL http://www.yourdomain.tld/acatalog/
                ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
                CGIBINURL http://www.yourdomain.tld/cgi-bin/
                PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../httpdocs/acatalog/
                CODEBASE ./
                FTPHOST ftp.yourdomain.tld
                FTPUSERNAME username
                FTPPASSWORD password
                PATHTOCGIBIN /cgi-bin/
                USEPASSIVEFTP true
                FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG /httpdocs/acatalog/
                Nuco Technologies Ltd

Host-it.co.uk
                4Surehosting.co.uk
                Pinbrook

Comment

1and1.com does NOT support POST and GET for perl scripts

your settings were spot on , I can finally get the site up except....i have discovered this dedicated server from 1and1.com does NOT support POST and GET for perl scripts see below:

I dio have full access to the server itself is it possible for me to get someone to configure the server in this way as 1and1.com will not !

Thank you for contacting us.

1. The server does support POST and GET for perl scripts.

2. Perl version 5.8.8 is installed by default.

3. The root user has full access to every directory. You can setup access
                  to any folder for any user.

4. You can set read and write access using the root account.

5. You can set read and write access for the root directory or any
                  directory.

6. CGI scripts can be setup to execute in any directory.

7. You can setup your users to have whatever permissions you need on any
                  directory that you choose.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
                  Tim Scanlon
                  Dedicated Server Support
                  1and1.com 1and1.co.uk

I asked can you configure it to accept scripts same as you shared hosting , their response :

Unfortunately, assistance with systems administration is something that we do not provide.

Your server is leased to you not as a platform preconfigured specifically for web hosting as our shared hosting packages are, but as a simple piece of hardware that you or your company's IT staff have the ability to configure as you see fit.

What would be an optimal initial setup for your company's purposes may not work for someone else. Just as some of our customers who may wish to use their servers not for web hosting, but perhaps as a game, application, database, or ftp server must taylor their systems to their needs, your company is responsible for configuring your server to meet yours.

--
                  Sincerely,
                  Adam Pape
                  Dedicated Server Support
                  1&1 Internet Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by nontecho View Post

Unfortunately, assistance with systems administration is something that we do not provide.

Your server is leased to you not as a platform preconfigured specifically for web hosting as our shared hosting packages are, but as a simple piece of hardware that you or your company's IT staff have the ability to configure as you see fit.

What would be an optimal initial setup for your company's purposes may not work for someone else. Just as some of our customers who may wish to use their servers not for web hosting, but perhaps as a game, application, database, or ftp server must taylor their systems to their needs, your company is responsible for configuring your server to meet yours.

--
                    Sincerely,
                    Adam Pape
                    Dedicated Server Support
                    1&1 Internet Inc.
                    This to me says you have taken out an unmanaged option. So it is down to you to install and configure what you like when you like, they will only provide support in respect of hardware failures.

Comment

Hi,

It's good to hear that the network settings worked for you, with regards to the configuration of the server this is something that you would need to speak with your local IT team as this looks like you have taken the unmanaged service as Darren detailed.
                      Nuco Technologies Ltd

Host-it.co.uk
                      4Surehosting.co.uk
                      Pinbrook

Comment

Working...
                      X