No announcement yet.

Multi-user reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souns like a instalation problem, what version were you upgrading from, did you install v10 then import old snapshot

Have you got second machine getting its site from the first machine

One of the advantages of MU is that it locks out other users of a order when one person has the order open , this is a security measure to stop both writting to the order at the same time
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris. We're upgrading from 8.5.1.

We had V10 installed on the new computer as a trial. I put in the license key, then took a snapshot from current working computer and loaded that into the new one and set it to share. Then installed V10 on the current machine and located the sites file on the new machine as per instructions.

The working computer seemed to struggle with this new arrangement in that V10 didn't want to fire up, but eventually it did after we made a change to the sites.ini file on the new computer, but then the problem as mentioned previously i.e. we can't view orders on current machine unless we close down V10 on new machine. And if we fire it up again on new machine, we can't view orders on that unless we close it down on current machine.

Note, I'm not talking about viewing the same order, we can't view any other order.

I shall call Actinic on Monday.

Comment

We have no issues with Business Plus multi-user.
        My advice would be to make sure you snapshot the site, completely uninstall all versions of Actinic from all computers (we even run through the Registry to be sure every trace is gone) shut down computers and switch on again and then do clean installs of V10 on each machine, one at a time.
        Run the Actinics using the demo Site1 to make sure all is working as it should, then import your snapshots.
        If Actinic then fails to work correctly, you probably have a corrupt database and may need to whizz it over to Actinic for repair.
        Terribly long-winded, but it's always worked for us; in fact we've never had a corrupted database - it's always been a dodgy installation.
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Thanks Sean. I appreciate your input. I shall try your suggestions.

Only trouble is having to do all this at the end of the day, and not getting home till very late.

I want my normal (pre-ecommerce) life back.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmind View Post
            Only trouble is having to do all this at the end of the day, and not getting home till very late.

I want my normal (pre-ecommerce) life back.
            Your not alone with that thought, but they say it's worth it in the end (so they say)
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by Clive.Aspen View Post
              So the mole end one stop processing plug in allows multiple users to work on one site? I f I wanted an extra user to just process orders whats the difference between actinic multi-user license and the mole end plug in?
              Our plugin works against the Actinic data and runs as a separate program. When you run it up you see the list of orders just as you would on the Actinic order screen. You can run it on two machines, you don't have to have Actinic running on either of those machines. It allows you to process orders in batches, has very good searching and filtering operations and so is really good for dealing with telephone queries. Another popular feature is the courier links, you can click on a button in OSOP and your orders are transferred to your courier system and labels are printed. It doesn't include all of the order processing features that Actinic gives you, for example you can't back order items and you can't part ship orders. There is a free trial here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

so you can try it out, you'll see quite quickly whether it would improve your order processing or not. If you click on the review tab you will see our feefo reviews for the product - people that use it really like it.
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Just for the record: I managed to fix this issue by switching the machines i.e. what was going to be the main is now the extra user. Works ok for me that way round - no idea why however.

Comment

Working...
                X