Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Server Crashes

Hi

If I try to open V8 Ecommerce when the EPOS link server is switched on, my computer hangs until I stop the link server, this also happens on other things I am doing eg: when I preview the website on V8 it freezes V8 and I get the not responding message and have to control alt delete and get the Send/ Dont send on the V8 Computer etc.

When I switch the server off on the EPOS PC, all is ok on Ecommerce but I get a crash on the server and get the usual microsoft message Send/Dont send.

If I then double click the Server Icon to restart the server nothing happens until I reboot the EPOS Computer.

When V8 is already on and the server is switched on secondly, and I test connection all is OK and stock is being adjusted on both PC's so the link is working to a certain point.

Both PC's are on XP Pro, with processors of 2.7gh or more, 1.5gb ram and plenty of space on the hard drive.

Any Ideas?

Steve

What version of Actinic v8.x.x are you using and EPOS software?

Comment

V8.5.1 Hiza

Comment

Actinic EPOS 2.92

Comment

Hi Steve,

If I try to open V8 Ecommerce when the EPOS link server is switched on, my computer hangs until I stop the link server, this also happens on other things I am doing eg: when I preview the website on V8 it freezes V8 and I get the not responding message and have to control alt delete and get the Send/ Dont send on the V8 Computer etc.
          In the next release of the EPOS Link Server you should see a performance improvement regarding this problem you are having. Currently I cannot advise of a specific release date.

When I switch the server off on the EPOS PC, all is ok on Ecommerce but I get a crash on the server and get the usual microsoft message Send/Dont send.

If I then double click the Server Icon to restart the server nothing happens until I reboot the EPOS Computer.
          I havnt seen the EPOS Link Server crashing before. I would suggest the best thing to do is uninstall the EPOS link Server on the EPOS PC and reinstall it.

To uninstall EPOS Link Server please follow the steps below:

1) Go to "Start" | Run | type "cmd"

2) In the command window type, "chdir C:\Checkout"

3) In the command window type, "EPOSLinkServer.exe" -stop

4) In the command window type, "EPOSLinkServer.exe" –uninstall

5) In the command window type, "EPOSLinkServer.exe"
          Paul Murphy
          Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X