• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well its with support now

Comment

Hi Neil -

What does "retire the old keys" mean?

and

How many orders are you processing each day to make sure support isn't overloaded? I just want to set myself a level of expectation about when I might expect my key so I can get working on a couple of client sites.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi Andrew,

We retire old keys in our system, so to identify if old upgraded keys are still in use.

When you upgrade your software the old key cannot be used for a different commercial site, or re-sold. We can easily identify when this happens when we retire the old keys.

This does not effect designers, because they may have old legacy customers that may not want to upgrade, so to allow them to continue to support these customers.

Also when keys are retired we know not to upgrade these again. 1 key = 1 free upgrade :-).

I hope this helps.

Andrew you will have your key today.

Neil
        Neil Bayton
        Sales Manager
        SellerDeck Ltd

Comment

When you upgrade your software the old key cannot be used for a different commercial site, or re-sold. We can easily identify when this happens when we retire the old keys.
          How does this work with Business Plus and multisite, it can take time to upgrade sites and I would guess that people might do this one at a time over a period of time.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,

We handle all upgrades sensibly, we appreciate that as soon as customers have their auth keys, they dont always upgrade immediately, however after a reasonable time we can do checks and we always contact the customer for an explantion before taking any action.

Because Business Plus allows for multiple sites, the concern is not so great if they are using legacy versions, we do however check to see if that all websites are still registered under the one company.

Neil
            Neil Bayton
            Sales Manager
            SellerDeck Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Bayton View Post
              Jan,
              we do however check to see if that all websites are still registered under the one company.

Neil
              "Registered under one company" is this with you?

Comment

"Registered under one company" is this with you?
                Does it make make much difference? SellerDeck's process for dealing with what looks like the mis-use of a key must surely involve contacting the registered owner in the first place.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

You guys know us by now. We always always contact the customer for an explanation first, often there is a simple explanation or a geniune error.

Neil
                  Neil Bayton
                  Sales Manager
                  SellerDeck Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                    Does it make make much difference? SellerDeck's process for dealing with what looks like the mis-use of a key must surely involve contacting the registered owner in the first place.

Mike
                    i was just curious Mike that was all

Comment

The main issue would obviously be if someone upgraded their licence for a sinlge site but used the newer or older version for another site at the same time. It doesn't particularly affect Bus Plus or Developers.

Comment

Good morning-
                        Just checking- when I install SD2013, does it run alongside V11, or overwrite it? I don't want to upgrade all my sites yet, but would like to run some in 2013 and some in V11 while we work on them.
                        Thanks
                        Ben
                        Ben
                        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

It can sit alongside v11. Just don't select to upgrade when you install.

Comment

Great, thanks Duncan.
                            Ben
                            http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X