Minor Upgrades Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor Upgrades Warning

I have always found that doing a major upgrade, say from V10 to V11, or V11 to 2013 etc, does not cause any major problems, as you install the new version separately and work on it while the old version is a still the live and kicking site, and don't go live with the new site until thoroughly checks have been successfully made that all is well and uploads to test. And then go live at, say, 6.00 am on a weekday, when not too many will be online, and so if there is a problem, Sellerdeck Support will be on hand that day.

However, I have had problems a few times over my 10 years of using Actinic/Sellerdeck, when doing minor upgrades within a version, where the software is not installed separately but overwrites the existing software. Unfortunately I have not so far learnt from my previous mistake, in that I should have known NEVER to run the upgrade outside Sellerdeck's working hours, even if you are confident nothing could possibly go wrong.

Sarah

Good advice Sarah.
    In fact I would recommend upgrading minor releases on a separate machine (or virtual machine) so that you can easily go backwards if need be.

Comment

Regarding Reinstall of 12.0.1

I followed your advice, Duncan, and Sellerdeck advice given in another recent thread that has been closed, to uninstall 12.0.2 and re-install 12.0.1 and bring in snapshot, to get my website going while Sellerdeck sorting problem with uploading 12.0.2. However, on uploading the site, I get an error message about needing to reinstall pspsetup.exe file and the upload fails. Do you know how I do this? I have asked Sellerdeck but anything for the quickest response!

Sarah

Comment

Sorry, sorted pspsetup.exe

Sorry Duncan, I have searched forum and found link to install psp providers and have done it. Thanks anyway.

Sarah

Comment

Spoke too soon, another error

Now, when I upload I get the error Sites\Site1\CommonOCC\OutputOCCProcessor.fil contains an invalid path, and upload fails soon after. I'll do search for this in the meantime.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X