Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Communication with the synchronization server has failed. You must restart sellerdeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meden View Post
    This is my Sites.ini - I suspect if you add
    Code:
    SiteName=
    in the list of sites then maybe SD will know to look for that site...

[Sites]
    Dovima=
    OldSite=
    Site1=
    TPDC=

[Dovima]
    Backup=
    Upgrade=
    SiteLocked=0
    UpgradeType=
    StockUploadNetwork=37afc9508d6da715068a122d2238f5ab
    StockUploadHash=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
    AccountUploadTime=1425563558
    RTSOrderDownloadTime=1425563558

[OldSite]
    Backup=Backup v12.0.1.0.0.0.NBLA
    Upgrade=Upgrade v12.0.NLPA
    SiteLocked=0
    UpgradeType=

[Site1]
    Backup=Backup v12.0.1.0.0.0.NBLA
    Upgrade=Upgrade v12.0.NLPA
    SiteLocked=0
    UpgradeType=

[TPDC]
    Backup=
    Upgrade=
    SiteLocked=0
    StockUploadNetwork=f32a41b438cde1a95c1a671ceff3ce33
    AccountUploadTime=1446824751
    UpgradeType=
    StockUploadHash=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
    RTSOrderDownloadTime=1446824751

[Admin]
    Server=
    UseDbAuth=2
    MID1=fba477b2c8a569d1
    MID2=fba477b2c8a569d1
    BackupPath=
    thanks for that i'll try it in the morning when i'm back on site. If it works i owe you many beers

i was also wondering if it is possible to switch from a multi user environment back to a single user and see if i could restore the data that way. Unfortunately i am the one that does the backups and because of my problems connecting to the server i have not made a backup in over a week. Any ideas on how to get around this?
    Paul McCluskey
    ----------------------------------------
    Actinic V12 - Business Plus

http://www.masonsregalia.com

Comment

You could put your good copy of the sites folder somewhere safe out of the way
      then delete the contents of the sites folder apart from site1

Then add new sites to the server using the old names this will replace the sites with new copies

Then go to the sites folder and remove each site and replace with your good site
      That way it should make the site in correct with your good sites folder

I would only do one to test

Think it should work but not 100%
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

editing the .ini file seems to have sorted the problem of picking up the sites so i can now connect to them. I have unticked the box to use ip address for the syn server and it will now let me connect on my client PC but still periodically i still get cannot connect to the sync server. Its getting quite frustrating as i'm not running any antivirus/firewall at the moment, even if i was i have opened the ports on the firewall to allow sellerdeck.

Update - It will let me connect to the sites on my client PC but as soon as i try and do anything like a backup it comes up with the error of not being able to connect to the sync server
        Paul McCluskey

Comment

something still seems a little miss with my client PC contacting sellerdeck on the server.

It will pick up all of the websites when i start sellerdeck to allow me to choose which website i want and it will also allow me to log in using the username and password but thats about all i can do.

As soon as i click on an order or a product it comes up with the communication with the synchronization server has failed.

I'm not sure if this shines any light on the problem but when i am logged in as an Administrator and click on the users tab it is not showing me as logged in. Normally whichever user is logged in it has the Sellerdeck Version by the side of their name.
          Paul McCluskey

Comment

Working...
          X