Special Delivery Instructions not displayed when there is free shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Delivery Instructions not displayed when there is free shipping

Hi - I am unable to display Special Delivery Instructions on Checkout Page 2 even though I have 'Delivery Address Prompt' enabled in Design > Text > Shipping and Tax

My products have free shipping.

Looking at previous threads from about 8 years ago it appears that you cant display this field if you have free shipping. Is this still the case? If so is there a workaround for it in this version?

See: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=31098

Funnily enough at the bottom of this thread there is a request from me to have the option for Special Delivery Instructions when there is free shipping - back in 2008!
    Regards
    David

If you go to the layout for Checkout Page 1 you should be able to see that the display of the shipping details is controlled by a blockif defined as

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ShippingChargesAreMade%22%20%2f%3e">

i.e. display if 'shippingchargesaremade'.

It should be a fairly easy edit to the layout to make this display all the time. I'd imagine you could just remove the Blockif completely as it's only there to control whether to display this block of code or not.

As this will then display the usual shipping information you might need to hide some of the other information if you feel it's not needed. Easily done in the layout.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike - I had a look at this and I am bit confused.

The layout code I want to display is the 'Special Delivery Instructions'. As I see it this is on Checkout Page 2 and exists in the Confirm Shipping Phase layout template
      Regards
      David

Comment

I think this might just be terminology. I'm looking at it using the drop down selector for 'select page type' in the design tab where I'm selecting 'Checkout Page 1' (which is page 2).

I've just checked and it looks to me as if you should be entering the 'Special Delivery Instructions' in Checkout Page 1 as described.

Checkout Page 2 just has the 'confirm delivery instructions' which shows what you've entered in Checkout Page 1 and gives you the option of changing them

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi - I think I was getting a bit confused because Checkout Page 1 was not displaying in the browser.

I have found a solution to my problem see: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53427

Thanks for your responses.
          Regards
          David

Comment

Working...
          X