No announcement yet.

Sendgrid Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time. I already checked the port variable and it was fine there. I tried your suggestion but that slowed everything down to a halt, and I had the server timed out message as I had before I changed port, so I don't think the problem lies there.
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen, Sorry I can't be more help.

Usually these kind of problems are fairly logical and we can narrow the problem down to a specific area and then work out what's causing it. In this case though it's a bit of a mystery and is proving hard to pin down.

I think we've pretty much covered all the things that can affect it though. The only areas I can think of are:

- The variable used for the SMTP port where not set manually
      - The SMTP port edit in actinic.pm
      - The SMTP port being used (2525 seems to work for most people)
      - The SMTP settings in Sellerdeck (smtp.sendgrid.net, 'username', 'password', 'Authentication' ticked)

Those 'should' get it working.

You could try contacting sendgrid and seeing if they can see anything odd in their server logs. You will need to have your site trying to send via sendgrid for them to see anything. At the moment I don't know whether you're directing your outgoing emails to sendgrid or not.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Phew! Problem seem to be resolved. No idea what did it in the end, didn't do anything I hadn't tried a million times over. Perhaps it was something on the server side. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions etc, really appreciated.
        Kind Regards
        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Working...
        X