No announcement yet.

Unable to Upload Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be fantastic Mike. Thanks so much.
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

This ended up being something of a marathon, and it turned out to be pretty simple: IONOS had decided to disallow port 21 and standard FTP without telling me, and despite talking to them and emailing back and forth for DAYS they never told me exactly what was wrong, blaming my PC, firewalls and AV. Mike went above and beyond to help, and I am so very grateful.

The solution: Using Bitvise to act as a bridge between Sellerdeck and IONOS, enabling SSH on port 22.

Thank you Mike for all you did to help me. You're a STAR!!
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Thanks Karen,

This one was really quite frustrating to fix. We identified fairly quickly that the problem was with the IONOS FTP server which kept dropping the FTP connection randomly. Not consistently but probably 30-50% of the time which was often enough that it eventually forced Sellerdeck to give up (there are a lot of connections made when using FTP). IONOS were no help, insisting that they only support Secure FTP and it had to be on Port 22 despite it working fine using standard FTP on Port 21 for many years. So clearly they've changed something and this might be rolling out across their servers as I've started seeing the same thing on my IONOS hosting and I'm now using Bitvise too.

It turns out the Bitvise client is a nice modern piece of software that's easy to set up and use. I'll post a 'How to' on the forum to help anyone else with the same problem.

Mike

PS. Just for clarity. Although V18 supports a version of secure FTP it is FTPS (FTP Secure which adds SSL encryption on top of the FTP protocol) that has been implemented and is support by Microsoft and runs on windows servers. If you have a unix server then the chances are you need SFTP (Secure FTP which runs FTP within a Secure Shell connection). Sellerdeck V18 does not support SFTP but the bitvise client software is free and creates a bridge between the Sellerdeck FTP connection and the SFTP connection to your web server.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've posted the details on how to use Bitvise with Sellerdeck for Secure FTP here https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ck-and-bitvise

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X