No announcement yet.

Error 500 Internal Server Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a knowledge base article on Perl Modules. ActEncrypt1024 was a Perl module supplied by Sellerdeck, also see here and here. I don't think it is related to the SSL problem. Although it was needed for a 11.0.1 bug fix see here.
    Peblaco

Comment

I had this on the 30th August with my v7 and it turned out to be 1and1 that had changed to PHP5.5 without notifying me. I got it changed back to v5.2 and it was instantly back to normal. Apparently all servers were being updated in this fashion.
      Kind Regards
      Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

1and1 checkout error

We also had this failure at checkout stage (SD v14.02 hosted on 1and1 virtual server) which we noticed over the weekend and solved by 1&1 setting the PHP version back to 5.2. (and charging for the privilege).

However... this can't be the whole story as we have other SD sites (also v14.0.2) hosted by 1and1 using SSL and they are using PHP v5.4 and their checkout works fine.

Anyway, isn't it the case that SellerDeck does NOT use PHP at checkout, just the PERL scripts for cart and checkout within the cgi bin ? Can anyone from SD confirm this please?

So the PHP version is probably a red herring and the real issue within 1and1 (SSL, permissions, internal pointers, ...?) is still to be solved.

Paul Tanner

Comment

Now getting some customer complaints

I switched off SSL earlier in this thread to prevent the 500 error, and have been continuing without ssl. I tried to re-enable it a day after the certificate was updated, but still got the 500 error. However, now, 9 days later, we are getting some customers receiving messages about our page not being secure, so are abandoning their orders, even though we do not handle any payments on our website, all being done through payment provider. Rather annoying, and cannot see any solution.

Sarah

Comment

Did you see my message about the php change to 5.5 on 1 and 1? Try asking them to revert back. It solved my problem.
            Kind Regards
            Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

We were getting the same internal server error on checkout with a v11 site

In the 1and1 dashboard you can view and change the PHP version for each of your domains.
              In my case the version was not set so I set the PHP version to 5.4 (the lowest version you can set yourself) and within a couple of minutes the checkout was working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Glyn View Post
                We were getting the same internal server error on checkout with a v11 site

In the 1and1 dashboard you can view and change the PHP version for each of your domains.
                In my case the version was not set so I set the PHP version to 5.4 (the lowest version you can set yourself) and within a couple of minutes the checkout was working again.
                That worked for us too!

What's weird is I ran a php version check, and all sites with the problem was v5.4.44
                - everyone seemed to say v5.4 was okay, so I didn't bother about this solution.

Now that I checked the dashboard (Shared Host : Hosting > Manage Webspace > PHP settings)
                on all our shared contracts, all our sites's have : "PHP Version = not configured"

So I set the site's using Sellerdeck to v5.4, reupload (really slow) and just did a test and it works!

Just ran the same phpversion check and it's still v5.4.44
                (weird eh)

Now getting the others back on...

Comment

How long did you wait?

I have gone on 1&1 and found that the php had not been enabled, so clicked on v5.4 as others have recommended, quickly said is activated and that the process may take some time. There is a spinning disc that has been spinning for about 30 minutes so far and I am wondering whether anything is really happening. How long did it take for you?

Sarah

Comment

Decided to quit waiting

While waiting for the 1&1 disc to stop spinning for the php v.5.4, I enabled ssl on SD, uploaded the site again (took ages), checked working ok on website - no 500 error. Sorted. Closed the 1&1 page with the spinning disc.

Thanks everybody except 1&1.

Sarah

Comment

Beginning to look like 1&1 nerfed our SSL cgi-bin when the PHP was not set...

The spinning thing... I waited a minute maybe, then I refreshed the page (or the page before it) and it looked like it was set, so went onto the other contracts...

Comment

Perfect. Changed to PHP 5.4 and everything is back to normal.

It's odd that it makes a difference but glad to have it sorted.

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X