Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016/2018 Stock Monitoring Bug

Hi everyone,
    I've spoken to Sellerdeck regarding an issue which we have just encountered on a new clients website that we have just built, and they have confirmed that it is being caused by a bug in the software. They say that the issue will be addressed in a future release however I'd be surprised to see it fixed for 18.0.1. Anyway, I thought I'd share this issue with you and hope that someone may have come across this and may have found a workaround.

Background:
    My client runs a wholesale clothing website which requires his customers to log in to. They import their products from Sage into Sellerdeck via Link.

They sell set packs of clothing plus the individual sizes so that a customer has chosen/ order a custom pack, eg. 1 x X-Small, 2 x Small, 4 x XL etc.

The product layout we use on the site is single line per row with single add to cart layout enabled (Screen Shot below)

Click image for larger version  Name:	dt-size-example.jpg Views:	2 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	550104 .

Each product has stock assigned to it. This is imported in via Sage Link.

As there are individual sizes of products (e.g. 5) what we found was that if a client searching for a particular item, then they would get a search result that displays the five items (which is correct but not ideal)

What we did was switch off the ability for the individual sized products to be found via filtering or search using the checkbox within the products general tab 'Hide From Search / Filter'.

Everything looked and worked or so we thought.

A couple of days later my client contacted me to say that a customer of his had been able to purchase sizes of a product that was out of stock. I checked, and locally everything looked fine. I logged on to the site to test and found that the stock wasn't being recognised once uploaded.

The bottom line is if you exclude a product from the Search / Filter then any stock assigned is disregarded. Surely this shouldn't be the case should it?

Not a great first experience for my client who has just paid for a new website.

If anyone out there has experienced similar and has found a workaround or solution, then I'd love to hear from you.
    Attached Files
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

I've got a similar problem - mine is because the Quantity Box is still shown even if the product is out of stock. I tracked it down to a fault in a Condition called IsOutOfStockShown

The Condition has this code :

Code:
    (<Actinic:Variable Name="StockLevel"/> < <Actinic:Variable Name="StockSuspendLevel"/>)
    AND
    (<Actinic:Variable Name="IsStockMonitored"/> == TRUE)
    AND
    (!<actinic:variable name="RealTimeStockEnabled" />)
    You can see that there is a ! before the variable RealTimeStockEnabled which means NOT RealTimeStockEnabled i.e. this condition can only work if RTS is off.

By removing the ! it worked for me.

I'm not saying it will work for you but it might be worth trying.

BTW - I originally found this in SD2016.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi Goz,
      Thanks for getting back to me. I'll take a look at this straight away and let you know.

BTW - I originally found this in SD2016.
      - So was Sellerdeck was already aware of this issue then?

UPDATE:
      I tried your suggestion. Unfortunatley it didnt work. Thanks anyway
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
      Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

Sorry it didn't work for you .... worth trying though!

That bug has been there in every version from Actinic v10 onwards!
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
        X