Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to impliment Paypal payments

Hi All,

We have a client that has a Sellerdeck 2016 and is trying to implement Paypal as a payment option.

We have following the guide here regarding setting up the basic Paypal and entering the Identity Token etc

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...paypal?t=56694

But, when we place a test order we get a

"A General Script Error Occurred
    Error: An error received from the PayPal serverPress the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner"

error, and in the error.err log we get

"Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 43472 , HTTP Server = LiteSpeed , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2019/01/22 12:14, Internal Errors = An error received from the PayPal server"

Any ideas as to how we can resolve this?

many thanks

Grant

I would separate out the Paypal setup from the PDT setup just to help identify the problem. i.e, get paypal payments working then activate PDT

Paypal setup is here:

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...-or-paypal-pro

This says you need to upgrade Sellerdeck PHP in V14: (Ignore this. I see you're using V16)

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ellerdeck-site

Have you got SSL installed? IIRC you now need to have SSL active to use Paypal.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Cheers Mike

I had it set up without having the Identity Token - and the payment was taken - but noting showing in the Merchants paypal account - and the order was dropping into Pending Payment....
      Pending
      Once I set the Identity token we and tries a new order - the 2 previous orders moved themselves to the Pending tab in Orders - but got the script error for the new order....

Going to try set up the express checkout with the API credentials and see what happens.....

Comment

Right. so it sounds like you can get to the paypal payment screen and pay but the return back to the customers website isn't working.

Have you done a publish to website after entering the PDT details? That might have an effect.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yes I did a Publish to website then checked.

Have just completed another Publish to website with the Paypal Express checkout enabled.

Goign to test a payment now.

Comment

Hmmm - Now I get a red "Sorry, but we are unable to accept your order. Please contact us if you require further details."

Comment

I shall go back to the simple paypal checkout. This time without the Identity token - as you suggest Mike.

And shall let you know the results.

Why is Paypal so hard with Sellerdeck?

Comment

Hokay - back to the basic Paypal set up - with no token.

Upload

Test in incognito window - and everything works as expected - order comes into Sellerdeck along with Payment Auth etc.

Dunno what changed - but happy for now

Comment

Glad to hear it's working. As you say, it should be easy to set up really.

Comment

Working...
                  X