Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplier requires price to registered customers only

Hi All,
    I am trying to get started on a lock supplying website but the supplier is insisting that I cannot display prices to unregistered users.
    I have hidden the prices on the page using the <Actinic:NOTINB2B><div style="display:none;"></Actinic:NOTINB2B> .... <Actinic:NOTINB2B></div></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    I have created a new customer page for customers to create an account to see prices but no one is doing so after at least 60 entries to the page.
    I want to swap the ADD TO CART for a LOG IN TO SEE PRICES button for non registered users to see if that helps.

Do you have any ideas on creating the conditions for the ADD TO CART button please?

You are pretty much there. In the design find the code for the button. Wrap the button code like you have already <Actinic:NOTINB2B><div style="display:none;"> [button stuff] </Actinic:NOTINB2B> and then have it again without the div to make it show your message
    <Actinic:NOTINB2B> [ your message on link] </Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    That should do it.

Comment

Thanks rookers!
      Yes that was the golden nugget I couldn't figure out. To remove some display and show another to unregistered users. Works great cheers!

Comment

I have advanced the LOGIN problem and solved it further with including a direct to cart from the Advanced Guide. This was using the single add to cart button page.
        Clicking the button generated an error as the standard quantity is zero for all products on the page with a single add to cart button.
        I got around this by changing the Default quantity to value="1" from value="<actinic:variable name="DefaultQuantity" />"

As we cannot display prices it is not the ideal way we want to operate but making the login as quick and easy as possible is absolute paramount to this working. You can see for yourself at Sheffield Locksmiths.
        Any suggestions welcome to making it easier and faster. Thanks.

Comment

I have put a site review request on ukbusinessfoum and Alan has come back to say that putting an input in the text prompt temporarily shows the shopping cart which is not desired.
          I have had to hide the text prompt in the same manner as the price and the add to cart button.
          I have also hidden the product on the new customer page to simplify the view.
          I have updated the message line to show "OPEN NEW ACCOUNT or LOGIN to display prices" which gives direct links to both the new account product and the login page.
          The quick search bar also brings back results with prices so I will look into disabling the quick search now.
          All this so you cant see the prices on genuine Ultion keys !!

People have said that a simple login would be easier than having to create an account but I cant see how that is possible at the moment. I have tried reducing all the invoice prompts to just name, email and password and I have to leave the country selection in place.
          This has now worked but when I place items in the basket and then place the order the address prompts are not present to populate.
          I have got round this by putting a message and link to My Account which has an address popup thankfully.
          I will keep testing.

Comment

Working...
          X