Hiding items on Sellerdeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding items on Sellerdeck

Hi does anyone know why when I have listed items as out of stock and even 'hidden them' from the website people are still able to order? I have replicated them in the side menu but they are hidden there too. Baffled. Thanks

Even though the page the product is on will be hidden the pages will still be on the server so a google search will often send customers directly to the page.

To stop people being able to order a product you probably need to go to the 'Stock' section and have the 'Stock Control / Monitoring' box ticked and the 'Suspend if Below' set to 0 or 1 (0 just sets it to the default which is usually 1).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

HI thanks Mike. My settings are
      Suspend Orders If below 0. Use default value of 1
      I can't see how to alter this and to what? there must be somewhere that this has been set up on the site but I don't know where and even if I did how can you suspend orders if below 0 - there isn't a lower number to use!

Comment

On the Product's General tab untick the Can Be Ordered Online tickbox and publish to web.

Or, as Mike says, you can go to the Stock tab, ensure that Stock Control/Monitoring is ticked; make sure that the Suspend Orders If Below box is set to 1 and then ensure that Estimated Stock In Hand is less than 1 - then publish to web
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah1203 View Post
          HI thanks Mike. My settings are
          Suspend Orders If below 0. Use default value of 1
          I can't see how to alter this and to what? there must be somewhere that this has been set up on the site but I don't know where and even if I did how can you suspend orders if below 0 - there isn't a lower number to use!
          You can't change these settings on a product duplicate - only on the original.
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

It might be worth checking your settings for Stock Control / Monitoring in Business Settings > Options

That's where you enable Online Stock Control and set the defaults.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated - these are the settings I have on my Sellerdeck site

Under Stock Control/Monitoring
              I have the 'Enable online stock control' icon on/ticked but not the 'enable Stock Monitoring' - should this also be ticked?
              So the Default 'Warn if below' is on 5, the Default 'Suspend orders if below' is on 1 (I could set this to 0 but will default to 1 anyway?)
              I haven't got an 'Estimated stock in hand' option.
              There is a box to tick called 'Hide Product Options that are out of stock' - perhaps this should be ticked?

All the other settings are as advised - ie ticked 'Hide on Web site' but there is another box that could be ticked called 'Hide from Search/Filter which I'm wondering should that be ticked? Under this there is another box ticked which says 'can be ordered online' - perhaps this should be unticked but I would have to do that for every product and still not sure it would be also hidden in the section details where I have replicated products to fit that section description?

Someone told me Google sends a link to the product overriding the options on the website.

Comment

PS I have got an estimated stock in hand option on the product page but they are all set to 0 where applicable. People still order and it goes to -2 or whatever the number is they manage to order!

Comment

I have the 'Enable online stock control' icon on/ticked but not the 'enable Stock Monitoring' - should this also be ticked?
                  You can only select one of these, so the Enable Online Stock Control' should be fine.

There is a box to tick called 'Hide Product Options that are out of stock' - perhaps this should be ticked?
                  I think this is just for product options where you have components with product options. I don't know if this is what you're doing or not.

All the other settings are as advised - ie ticked 'Hide on Web site' but there is another box that could be ticked called 'Hide from Search/Filter which I'm wondering should that be ticked? Under this there is another box ticked which says 'can be ordered online' - perhaps this should be unticked but I would have to do that for every product and still not sure it would be also hidden in the section details where I have replicated products to fit that section description?
                  The stock control should stop people ordering without you having to do anything else such.

I seem to vaguely remember there being something about stock control and product duplicates in the past but a search of the forum suggests it's been working since at least V7. However this post from Jonathan at Graphicz suggests there might be a problem somewhere. https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...icate-products

Sorry I can't be more help but it sounds as if you're doing it right.

Mike

Comment

Once you've updated the original product with either the stock control method or the Can Be Ordered Online method then you also need to click on the Reset Duplicates button at the bottom of the panel.
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Once you've updated the original product with either the stock control method or the Can Be Ordered Online method then you also need to click on the Reset Duplicates button at the bottom of the panel.
                      That's the one. I'd do a thumbs up but the smiley options we have are just smileys.

Mike

Comment

Ah thanks Goz I didn't know that - if I reset can I unreset it later?

Comment

The reset duplicates button simply changes the attributes on the duplicates to match those of the original product at the time you click on the button.
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi everyone this is a bit random but wondered if anyone knows how google works? I had a google account showing with reviews. Yesteday I tried to change the opening hours and got a message saying the business is now private/closed. I now cannot find the listing at all and cannot find anyway of changing it back. Google sent an automated what to do email which appears to ask for me to reopen the account? Any help would be much appreciated. This is the first email I received after trying simply to alter the opening settings
                            Thank you for contributing
                            Your edit to Westcountry Nurseries has been accepted. Note that some changes might take up to 24 hours before appearing on Google.
                            Thank you for improving Google Maps! Your insights make it a better, more useful map for everyone.
                            Westcountry Nurseries
                            Place is private
                            Edited on 26 Jul 2021 · Published
                            See your change
                            Do you manage Westcountry Nurseries?
                            Reply to reviews, edit business info and connect with customers for free
                            Become a Local Guide
                            People like you can make it easier to explore the world. Join Local Guides and share your knowledge on Google Maps.
                            The Google Maps Team
                            You've received this confirmation email to update you about your editing activities on Google Maps

© 2021 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Comment

if you go to the google homepage and are signed in then you should see all the Google apps on the top right hand side.

'My Business' should be one of the options and that should let you change the 'Place is Private' setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X